Author Topic: JawJackers for Crappie  (Read 5291 times)

Offline Paulklug

• IceShanty Rookie
JawJackers for Crappie
« on: Jan 21, 2014, 03:45 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone uses JawJackers for crappie?  If not, why not? If so how do you rig it up?  Same as a tip up/down?  Treble hook with maybe a bead hooked through the back/lip/tail?

Thanks!

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
Re: JawJackers for Crappie
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2014, 03:14 PM »
The only problem I see is setting it light enough so it doesn't rip the Crappies mouth, I would stick with Tip Downs.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Yep tip downs!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline SkunkedAgain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Ive tried a home made jaw jacker for crappie and it seems to rip the jig right out of their mouth every time. I have better luck with a pencil bobber than anything.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Tip downs are the ticket. Paper mouths are just that.

WS

Offline Ridgehunter2002

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2014, 09:05 PM »
I use JawJackers for them and all of them are caught on the top of the mouth.  I don't bother with tip downs anymore.

Offline Paulklug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:08 AM »
Hey Ridge,

How are you rigging up under your jawjacker?  I was thinking tiny treble hooks with a fat head hooked in the back.  Or possibly some kind of pimple or spoon with a single hook hooked through the lips.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul

Offline Ridgehunter2002

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2014, 07:30 PM »
I have all of my rods rigged with a small spoon(1/12oz) with a 6 to 10 in leader below it with a size 14 treble with fat head hooked in the back. The weight of the spoon replaces that of a split shot and the added flash of the spoons helps a lot.  I have experimented around and the spoons out perform those with a split shot.  Once your jaw jackers are tuned in with the wing nut for tension it is around a 90%+ hookup rate. 

Offline Paulklug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:29 AM »
I have all of my rods rigged with a small spoon(1/12oz) with a 6 to 10 in leader below it with a size 14 treble with fat head hooked in the back. The weight of the spoon replaces that of a split shot and the added flash of the spoons helps a lot.  I have experimented around and the spoons out perform those with a split shot.  Once your jaw jackers are tuned in with the wing nut for tension it is around a 90%+ hookup rate.

Thanks! I will have to rig some of those up and give them a shot!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.