Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

Brushy Creek

(1/4) > >>

bbuenzow:
My dad and a buddy fished Brushy on Sunday and Monday. Caught total of 30 fish (gills and crappies). He said it is a very interesting lake with all the trees in it. I am planning to head up that way on Sunday. Any reports from this week would be greatly appreciated. I have never fished there. Any suggestions as to where some nice spots on the lake are to catch fish? Thanks.

kidcattail:

I pulled my house off yesterday.. south end a large part of So uth is opening up..poor bite
I would try north boat ramp around bridge 1
I'm told they're catching a few nice crappies and gils in the trees.

Bullhead King:
There is a gas station in a little town somewhere near there, don't remember the name, that you can get bait, but if I were you I would just get them when you leave Des Moines.  Be sure to have oyur ice picks along with the way the ice is pretty crazy with various thicknesses.

bbuenzow:
Thanks for the suggestions. Plan to be there on Sunday. Not sure what it will be like with the predicted snow/rain or whatever we will get on Sunday though. I'll give it a try anyway. Good luck.

bbuenzow:
Five of us fished at Brushy Creek today. first time I have been there. It is a pretty neat lake and has a ton of trees. We fished from 11:30 am to 5:00 p.m. and caught a total of 22 nice bluegills. Only caught one small crappie that was too small. Pretty slow bite today.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version