Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

Hope for cold weather

(1/3) > >>

Red Beard:
Let's get some Iowa Ice talk going around here.  I don't care what you want to talk about, but lets just get some IA hard water talk under way.  Personally, it makes me sick to listen to these northern guys talking about being on the ice by mid- november and here I sit hoping to be on the ice by Christmas.  I go to school at ISU but I do most of my ice fishing on MacBride back where I grew up.  If you have any reports on possible ice or want to talk about the upcomming season just throw out a topic.  It would be nice to get some local discussions rolling.

goody:
Yeah, ice is too far away for sure.....that 80* day the other day didnt help any with water temps either.........

goody

billditrite:
dont worry i heard that hot water freezes faster   ;D  LOL

goody:
Yeah, right.......  :-\

goody

Mr.Seaguar:
hot water does actually frreze faster than cold. In order to freeze water all the oxygen molecules must be pushed out. Hot water has much fewer oxy molecules. Or they are easier to push out. So it freezes faster.

3 of the last 4 winters I have icefished in IA during the month of November. Or I could have but chose to do something else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version