The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hunter 13 son with the big one  (Read 1864 times)

Offline gould

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hunter 13 son with the big one
« on: Feb 26, 2009, 07:57 PM »
I will let him tell the story but what a nice pike. Now im being out fished by a 1st grader Good job Thomas :)

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Hunter 13 son with the big one
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:09 PM »
well the story goes like this  i send the kid off to school me and granpa head out fishing  on st cathreine  we are setting up our tip ups we get 8 out when we get the first flag  :tipup: of the day  so i let the ole man get it while im setting up the tip up we were putting out  well i go over and the ole man is fighting a fish  so i get ready to help him land it   it comes into the hole and i land it for him nice fat 18 inch brown trout  so i unhook it and send it on its way well long story short we sit there rest of day till like 130 when we get three flags one after another but the fish just runs and spits the bait out on them so a freind shows up so i  ask him to watch my tip ups while i run home to get kid off the bus   so i go get son off bus  when i get back at  3:10 with son  they have not had another flag  so i go grab the power auger and go drill 9 new holes and move  the tip ups  well they wurnt in for a hour  when kid desides we should pick up and go home so i say ok but ill leave these tipups in while we pick other ones up  so we get other one picked up and were going to start picking up other ones when the ole man yells flag so the kid beats us to it i get there and it is just barely moveing so i pick up the tip up and told the boy to  grab the line  so he grabs the line and yanks it hard  and he says it feels small  well he fights this thing seems for ever but it gets to the hole and he sees the size of its head and says its huge so we are there coaching him on and got thinking we need the gaff so freind of ours runs over to shanty and grabs it by time he gets back the fishes head is comeing up the hole and he gaffs it and pulls it out of the hole my sons face just drops he was lack of words then looks at me and says now i set the mark for you all to beat lol and now i have a fish and the freezer waiting to go get mounted for him a speacial thanks to gould for letting me use his calera and for putting pictures up for us

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline StingingLips

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:17 PM »
thats a great fish right there

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:23 PM »
thanks he is some proud of it thats why its going on the wall he might never get another one like it

hunter13

Offline pursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Great story. great fish. Another little one with the addiction. Great job hunter and congrats to your son!! ;D ;D
And God said "let there be FISH"

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2009, 09:12 PM »
thanks pursuit  he is hooked  and is looking forward to going again wich is saturday and sunday lol

hunter13

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2009, 10:56 PM »
What a fish!
I caught a pike while panfishing when I was ten. It was barely legal (28'' NH) and had it mounted cause it was the biggest fish I had ever caught. That pike far exceeds what I caught, I can onnly imagine the excitment of pulling that one out!! I think it's safe to say you have a fishing buddy for life!

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:38 AM »
yup he has ben going with us for 3 years now lol cant leave home with out him  he brings us luck i think lol plus he out fishs us

hunter13

Offline Junior88

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Captain Insano Shows No Mercy !
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:45 AM »
HUGE ! What a catch !

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:50 AM »
sweet catch!!! been taking my boy out for 14 years now and even as a teenager, he's got the fishin fever forever....well except he got skunked yesterday lol..
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2009, 06:10 AM »
thanks guys   he is some proud that  gould put the picture up of it  he was rubbing it in to me this morning  telling me i out fished you big time yesterday lol  he does get bored on slow days but he gets threw it he is getting pretty good at helping pick up  he loves takeing the minnows off at end of day lol 

hunter13

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2009, 06:15 AM »
outsttanding great job :tipup: :tipup:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline METOVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine to Vermont & Back
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2009, 07:30 AM »
Great photo and story!

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Sure, go and catch the derby winner a little early!  Congrats anyhow!  Hope to see you on sunday.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:43 PM »
thats what i told him LBD  lol  he told me now he is after that pikes grandpa lol  gl sunday we will be there lol got 6 of us going so far might be one more person going to have  fun  any ideas how much it weighs  my cheep scale read 12 1/2 pounds

hunter13

Offline Hunkerdown

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Tip Up another Beer for those Hardwater Junkies.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Great story Hunter and congratulations Thomas, what an awsome fish. You'll remember that day for the rest of your life. HD  ;D

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2009, 06:32 PM »
Really nice fish! Great story! My son out-fished me for 15 years. Finally one day last spring, I out did him on Crappies. ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2009, 04:55 AM »
thats what i told him LBD  lol  he told me now he is after that pikes grandpa lol  gl sunday we will be there lol got 6 of us going so far might be one more person going to have  fun  any ideas how much it weighs  my cheep scale read 12 1/2 pounds

hunter13

That sounds about right Hunter, the one in this picture weighed 14 pounds.  I'll be with a big group as well, right in front of the weigh in.  Look for the little brown dog running around.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline bluebomber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2009, 11:32 AM »
nice pike hunter congrats!!!! what day? thursday? is that your shanty out in the middle blueish in color?
i was in bull frog got some great perch and basss but nothing like that what a great fish

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:41 PM »
yup thats our shanty bluebomber  it was thursday he got it  went out today didnt even get a flag

LBD its going to look like a walmart parking lot tomorrow lol

hunter13

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.