Author Topic: -15 at Deep Creek yesterday  (Read 2321 times)

icefishnfool

-15 at Deep Creek yesterday
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:18 PM »
well when we started fishing at Deep Creek yesterday at 7:25 am it was -15 degrees when we stopped at 4:45 pm it was 22 degrees .....this morning at 7:25 it was 29 degrees that was a difference of 44 degrees in 24 hours another way to look at yesterdays temperature is that it was 47 degrees below freezing ;D ;D ;D
just a tidbit of useless information

Offline BoydChurch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Deep Creek Ice 12/27/2008
Re: -15 at Deep Creek yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Polar bear,
It had to be -20 on Friday.  Ice as soon as you pulled the line out of the water. Nine inches of ice is nice though. That should last us at least till March.
Boyd
It's all a part o' fishin', son

Offline johnsaredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Polar bear,
It had to be -20 on Friday.  Ice as soon as you pulled the line out of the water. Nine inches of ice is nice though. That should last us at least till March.
Boyd
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  So how well did you do in the sub zero temperatures?
Ice fishing is no catch and release sport.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Polar bear,
Boyd

You right Boyd.

This was taken Saturday morning heading to Deep Creek.
Sorry I missed you.  I seen you up by Mark, but I was already down at the other end.  I should have stayed up that way.  ???
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline BoydChurch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Deep Creek Ice 12/27/2008
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009, 06:41 AM »
Icenutter,
That is a relief, I thought it was me. After the millions of fish pulled out by Polarbear and CC and me gettin 2 or 3, I was about to sell my sled ;D. We'll have to keep after it though, always tomorrow. See ya!
Boyd
It's all a part o' fishin', son

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009, 06:55 AM »
Icenutter,
That is a relief, I thought it was me. After the millions of fish pulled out by Polarbear and CC and me gettin 2 or 3, I was about to sell my sled ;D. We'll have to keep after it though, always tomorrow. See ya!
Boyd

I know what you mean.  ;D  We were set up 20 feet from them earlier in the day and caught nada, nothing.  I fished my way back down to the point drilling as I went and only caught 4 or 5 fish all day. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Rockfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Glad it wasn't all me.  My bud and I did manage to ice a few fish each of the 3 days we fished but it was never a hot bite.  Fish seemed all over with them shallow Sat and by Mon we were getting our hits deep.  Never saw a fish on my AquaVu either.  Strange.  Usually you'll get perch coming up to at least look at the camera.  The only fish I saw was a walleye that popped onto the screen and nailed my chubby darter.  Weird. But its great to get out on the ice at last.

Offline Fergie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:32 AM »
Glad it wasn't all me.  My bud and I did manage to ice a few fish each of the 3 days we fished but it was never a hot bite.  Fish seemed all over with them shallow Sat and by Mon we were getting our hits deep.  Never saw a fish on my AquaVu either.  Strange.  Usually you'll get perch coming up to at least look at the camera.  The only fish I saw was a walleye that popped onto the screen and nailed my chubby darter.  Weird. But its great to get out on the ice at last.
Just got me a new "automatic fisherman" tip-up...will give it a try this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.