Author Topic: problems with fatfish949I pop out  (Read 610 times)

Offline orgzy800

• IceShanty Rookie
problems with fatfish949I pop out
« on: Jan 19, 2014, 05:34 PM »
I recently bought the fatfish 949I shelter and its not popping out right....  The sides that the doors are on don't seem to pop out all the way.  The poles are bent in a S shape instead of popping out completely.  Im not sure if the poles are just a little to long or the tent just needs to stretch out a bit.  Anyone else run into the same problem????

Offline Shakedown St.

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: problems with fatfish949I pop out
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:17 AM »
My walls pop out completely, and my poles are slightly "S"ed.  Try pushing outward on the hub from the inside to make sure they are extending all the way.  I think they are designed this way, but maybe somebody with more info can chime in. 

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Are you anchoring it down first before opening it?  I anchor down one corner, then pop out all four sides. then anchor the other three corners. Then anchor down the two walls that get wind. After all that, I pop the roof up. Try that and see if that helps.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2014, 08:06 PM »
I don't have this shack but a Clam. When I had them pop mine up in the store it did the same thing and the poles were not all straight. Do you pop your sides out before the top. Not sure which way eskimo calls to do it. In the store we did it this way but it actually needed the top popped up first. I have not had issues with mine at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.