Author Topic: Esikmo quickfish 2  (Read 2129 times)

Offline 5galbuket

• IceShanty Rookie
Esikmo quickfish 2
« on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Has anyone had any problems with the poles popping out of the hubs. On one of my trips out when I was setting it up I noticed one side didn't look right. When I went to pop it out only three corners were out.Went inside and saw one of the poles on the ice. Took a minute to figure out how to get the pole back in the hub, set it back up and it was fine. Last trip out the other day same thing. Went to set it up, this time it was two pole on the ice. Luckily it wasn't windy both of these days. I'm getting to the point of taking all the poles out of the hubs and gorilla gluing the little pins so the cant move around . Just wondering what else I could do. Even the tethered part where you pull on is ripping, so when you pop it up it gets sucked inside the portable. Maybe it wasn't meant to be used almost everyday, I've only had it a year.

Offline del

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Esikmo quickfish 2
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:53 PM »
I had a similar issue with the poles in my new fatfish.  I glued the pins as you suggest, but also contacted Eskimo.  They sent me a plastic insert that goes under the hub cover, and it has pins that hold the rod head in place.  Haven't had an issue since putting that in.

Offline 5galbuket

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2013, 06:49 PM »
Thanks del.  I'll have to give Eskimo a call tomorrow

Offline nitram

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2013, 10:18 PM »
 Nice to know, Thanks,
I have an older one man that can be a real pain because of the poles falling out.
I have not had any troubles with the quick fish 3 or the 949I, but if i do Ill now know what to do.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2013, 11:44 PM »
Even the tethered part where you pull on is ripping, so when you pop it up it gets sucked inside the portable.

My QF3 had same issue with poles dropping out (nearly lost one down a 8'' hole)
+ the hub material was tearing in same places you mention - may have much to do w/poor design for a major stress point & 30+ MPH winds @ 9,200' altitude reservoirs

regardless, I bought a grommet kit then laid the tent on the side to be repaired
Removed the eyelet (backside of a pole hub) used to secure the tether to the ice
I added 3x layers (per side of tent) of 4" strips of Gorilla Duct Tape - arranged like a cross - over the grommet area.
I used the grommet tool to open a hole in the tape patch, then inserted the grommet and compressed it with the tool   Works like OEM - no problem all last season! 

During my annual August PM of ice fishing equip, I checked the repair sites and they're still holding up just fine.  Actually had to repair another grommet at top that is beginning to show the signs of stress.   It only takes 15 mins start to finish and half of that time is wrestling w/the hub material.   

You need Gorilla Duct Tape (not std duct tape/too thin/cheap), a hammer, a 12" Piece of 2x6 to do the repair over, plus the grommet and grommet tool
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2013, 05:47 AM »
i recently contacted MO on their 949 that i bought from them a few years ago. i have poles comming out of the hubs.

i asked if i could purchase their new power hubs to switch out my old pin hubs. they quoted me 300$.... thats more than what i paid for the entire package.

they told me if i had the receipt they would send me some hub inserts, which idk what they are. but comming up on winter #3, i do not have the receipt anymore. so sounds like im SOL.

might be looking else where on my next hub.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2013, 07:55 AM »
i recently contacted MO on their 949 that i bought from them a few years ago. i have poles comming out of the hubs. i asked if i could purchase their new power hubs to switch out my old pin hubs. they quoted me 300$.... thats more than what i paid for the entire package.

they told me if i had the receipt they would send me some hub inserts, which idk what they are. but comming up on winter #3, i do not have the receipt anymore. so sounds like im SOL. might be looking else where on my next hub.

Hub inserts are pieces of plastic that reportedly fix the problem of poles falling out of the metal hubs.  So their design was flawed and if you can provide a receipt/proof of purchase they'll help you fix their design flaw. OUTSTANDING CUST. SERVICE!

I had a similar experience with their call center; short of auger replacement parts, I would never buy another new product of theirs that sent a dime to their coffers.
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2013, 06:09 PM »
they just sent me the inserts for my hub. have yet to install them but i hope they solve the problem.

couldnt find my receipt and they sent them to me anyways. received it in 2 days. A++++.   IM  a eskimo guy and they just solidified my feelings on their products

thank you Sherry for all the help :)  maybe i will buy that new wide one after all :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.