Author Topic: A first today!!  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
A first today!!
« on: Jan 17, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Went to check out the ice condition at walleye central today since a few guys are coming down from Ottawa the weekend.  Ice is fine but there was 2 guys there :-\ with about 20 walleyes-saugers on the ice.  Lotta dinks, lotta 18 inch saugers, huge bellies full of roe.  They were also proud to say that they were there last friday and kept 50 out of a hundred caught.  Chain-smoked cigarettes to try and stay calm, that didn't work.  Left after 20 minutes.  Called the hot-line at a pay-phone not to far away, that helped a bit. 

Should pack a baseball bat in the case, for next time.

Warm weather again for this weekend, rivers high, lot's of current.  I don't drink but feel like starting.

Manny
The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A first today!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2006, 05:23 PM »
That is brutal Manny. Did you get their license plate number and stuff.

It really gets me going when you call those places and you never get any feedback from them. Almost like they are saying call us but we might not do a thing. As a concerned angler I think that you should have the right to follow up on any call ins you make. At the very least it can put a bit of pressure on the CO's. And if you see they didn't do anything its time to talk to your local political representative.

Sturgeon
Bad Day of Fishing is better than a good day of work!!!!

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Sturgeon,

I didn't get there plate number since there were a few cars parked at the lot.  I do however have confidence in the CO's this time since I have met them there and when the ice is safe everywhere, they are never to far.  What gets me is the attitude of the guys, keeping all those fish was normal to the point of bragging.

I've seen this before, but never at this spot.  It's just not right.

Manny

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2006, 06:58 PM »

Hey Manny,

Sorry to hear this >:( >:(.You never know when thses type of clowns will show up. >:( >:(.Glad to hear you called the hotline.  :) 

Scummer

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2006, 08:31 PM »
What can be said that hasn't been said already... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ There's no educating ignorance. Manny, who's up for the weekend, maybe we can hook them up in the islands if the Central isn't an option. Or maybe we can spend the day dropping rednecks off the bridge..... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Mike

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Hey Guys anyone heading out to WC for the night bite. ;D.Manny/Mikey any plans for this or the weekend.Maybe Boucherville 8) 8).

Scummer >:(

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2006, 06:45 PM »
Hey Guys anyone heading out to WC for the night bite. ;D.Manny/Mikey any plans for this or the weekend.Maybe Boucherville 8) 8).

Scummer >:(

Got the boat ready for WC.... ;D ;D ;D ;D Manny picked up a set of water wings & a Louisville Slugger!  :D :D :o :o Lets make a trek down to the Bayou Friday nite to see if anyones on...or under the ice....

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Got the boat ready for WC.... ;D ;D ;D ;D Manny picked up a set of water wings & a Louisville Slugger!  :D :D :o :o Lets make a trek down to the Bayou Friday nite to see if anyones on...or under the ice....

LOL ;D ;D ;D

There's gotta be ice somewhere in Boucherville though.  Somewhere where we wouldn't have to cross a channel.  Maybe the bays around the aeration towers??  They are usually the first to freeze and the one on the right is completely protected from any current.  Might be alot of poeple though.

Keep us posted guys.

Manny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.