Author Topic: Manny & Mikey's excellent adventure!!  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
Manny & Mikey's excellent adventure!!
« on: Jan 07, 2006, 09:13 AM »
The fishing wasn't hot guys...in fact...it actually took (and I timed it)...48 seconds to hook the first fish hehehe!!  I counted about 40 fish ( not including perch....and here's the kicker....I get HAMMERED! Start reeling her up....and WHACK! My rod snaps in two! Could have been a big Brown ...unfortunately didn't get to see him...all we both saw was the rod bending in 2 with head shakes then BOOM! We both yelled HOLY #$^%%#$# He decided he had enough.. Needless to say, it was like fishing in a barrel at times...we had quite a few doubles..like the fish in the photo below..you couldn't get your lure back to the bottom and it would get hit! We had a whack of fish like the one you see in the picture. I kept a few for my neighbour, a former avid sportsman who's wife is going through Alzheimers and doesn't get out anymore due to taking care of her. He was really happy for a few fillets and a chat about the day. Of course Manny had his signature guitar case and stick with him, as we pulled eyes for about 3 hours and discussed everything from the effects Woodstock had on brain cells to the costs of fishing in other provinces compared to here. We had a great day, the weather was good, and my hands only froze once....and stayed that way until I got home LOL! felt like my toes did when I played hockey outdoors as a kid!  A great day with a great friend, how people can say..."I don't like to fish"....it's beyond me....

NOTE!....no jeans!!!...Manny actually put gloves on today!!! After cleaning the holes with his bare hands for about 2 hours LOL! Note to self....get Manny a spoon.... ;D ;D

M&M...Seaway Sherpa guides ;D ;D

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Manny & Mikey's excellent adventure!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2006, 11:57 AM »
HI MICKEY

GREAT REPORT''''''''

and great picture,,,,those are nice size walleye,,,,, ;)

you guys sher have more action over there then in in the ottawa river,,,,,here we have some action,,,,but sotime realy slow and small one only,,,,,some od one somtime,,,....

you guys make me want to go there big time......

but is that all water behind you guys ,,,,, :o,how mutch ice,,,,, ???

keep bring those report mickey.....

joco ;D

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Great report Mikey, did ya hit the rollercoasters after :o ;D ;D Next time jiggy and  I head down to visit the family in St. Bruno, I will be sure to get a PM to you and Skummy 8) to hook up for a fish......

-Andrew
Andrew

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2006, 01:57 AM »

joco ;D

Yes it is Marco water and there is not much ice.  Paul Martin ' sons boats were passing there not 2 weeks ago.  It's actually sickening watching these big-ass boats plowing their way through a beautiful sheet of ice.  Anytime you wanna come down Marco, you know how to reach me or (514)762-9768, it's easier that way.

Got 5 days of fishing next week, anyone up for anything during the week??  Mtl great lakes??  RDP?? 1000 ilses???  Got maps and a guitar case, will travel.

Manny
The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2006, 06:33 AM »
HI MICKEY

GREAT REPORT''''''''

and great picture,,,,those are nice size walleye,,,,, ;)
you guys make me want to go there big time......

we're waiting for ya!

Enough to make atleast 3 LARGE Raspberry Slushies! LOL

keep bring those report mickey.....

As long as the fish cooperate hehehe!

;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.