Author Topic: Right on, some Ice!!!!!  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
Right on, some Ice!!!!!
« on: Dec 26, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Right Mikey?? 8) 8) ??? ??? ::) ::)

Went to check the conditions after work on the 23rd.  Could only get there at 10:30pm due to hectic Xmas schedules.  There was just enough ice over 20feet and the fishing was at will.  I left after 45 minutes since I wanted to come back on the 26th and get in a solid evening run, and bring a camera.

Today, I call Mikey and he's in, we head to the spot and it was all open :o :o :o.  Big beautiful chunks of 6" black ice floating all over the place, huge winds and rain killed everything.  Plus, with all the heat and rain coming for the next 2 weeks, we will have to wait till middle of january??  Maybe??  Even the seaway out near Longueil is open and boats are still passing.  Merry Xmas!!!!

Will be heading out on the 28th with Buck exlporing somewhere on St-Louis or 2 mountains.  There has to be ice somewhere.  If anyones is out maybe we can hook up??

Happy holidays,
Manny 
The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Right on, some Ice!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2005, 04:59 PM »

Hey Manny, too bad about the ice.I opted out today because of the winds and a feeling that the ice might not be great.I had no idea it would be all gone. >:( >:(.I wonder how the Boucherville islands are doing.If you could somhow get across the channel with the current the back bays would definitely be good to go :D :D.I have to get my mother inlaw home soon and might make a detour to Petrie Island. 

Ron

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2005, 05:31 AM »
Definately not a good sign.  :( :( :(.....there was enough water to launch the boat! But did get a chance to see Manny again , shoot the gab a bit and get some much needed fresh air. Like Manny said....with the 14 day trend showing the temps in and out of the plus range....it's definately gonna be awhile before we're gonna be able to spend any time on the ice. :( :( :(....lemme know if ya here anything good out of "Pooey Louis" Manny.... ;)...on my way down to the tackle store today to pick up some more gear....maybe that will cure the depression hehehe!!! Good luck at Petrie Scummer!

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Mike,

I did'nt end up going :( :(.I would have given you a call to see if you wanted to go.
Can't believe there is no ice.I wonder if Longeuil marina or that small bay by the Tunnel would be any good ::) ::).

Ron

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005, 10:54 AM »
Dunno.....all I know is it's a sad sad day in Quebec for ice fishing when on the 27th of December...we're still not on hard water... :( :( :(  :'( :'( :'( I guess that means we'll have our boats in the water sooner come next spring hehehehe!!! If ya want to take a look at the marina Ron lemme know...otherwise...I'm headin to the garage to putz around on my boat!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Off the St-Francois now, one more coffee and I am gone, worked late again in Mikey's old watering hole ;) ;).  Check this, there is a Subway restaurant right on the water of my destination.  Called them and asked to speak to the manager.  "Hey buddy, any ice out there??" "UUuuuuhhh, sure"  I could see the puzzled look on his face from here.

Anyways, just going to explore but will post a report tonite.

Manny
The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.