Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello!!
« on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Hello, just signed up.  Nice site for sure.  I am from Montréal, love to fish but love to ice-fish.  Looking forward to reading you all during the hard-water season and maybe meet up with some members??  I know Joco is itching to go ;) ;) ;).

Manny
The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hello!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Hey Manny

Wlecome to Iceshanty.

I am from Sherbrooke, QC. Are you the same Manny from FH?

Where abouts do you ice fish around montreal and wha species?
I am always looking to meet up and ice fish with people, best way to learn some new tricks. ;)

Sturgeon ;)
Bad Day of Fishing is better than a good day of work!!!!

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Hi Sturgeon,

yes I am Manny from FH.Net.  The last few years, I have been mainly probing the maritime channels for big saugers and the shallower flats around the channel for evening 'eyes.  I do fish the Milles-Iles a few times a year.  Also fish near Verdun for pike and jumbo perch but the fishing pressure has gotten the best of that run.  Always go a few times to Lachine and this year will be mainly fishing a few spots on lake St-Louis.  Objective for this year is a 40 inch pike and St-Louis should have a few.  Plan on hitting Boucherville also.

If you are ever down this way, let me know, I am sure we can get something going.

What kind of fishing do you have in Sherbrooke??

Manny

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Hi Manny

I am on FH too but under dh.

I just moved to Sherbrooke In january of last year. I fish Aylmer for eyes only because it is the only lake I know in the area that has them and my inlaws live on the lake, but there are not a lot of them. I also fished petit lac magog for perch but they are small ones with the odd pike. I actually had a pike attack my Vexilar transducer last year there. I tried out Memphre last year but had little luck. I fished it a lot this summer for lakers and ouananiche and I will try it out this year.

I would love to catch a 40 inch pike. I heard there is good pike fishing at St Pierre.

My Vex is waiting to get out on the ice but I  have to wait till the 20th though. I heard guys are out the Milles- Iles already, the season is open year round there from what I hear.

Sturgeon

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Welcome aboad the shanty Manny.....Grump... ;D

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Thanks Grump, looking forward to participating.

Sturgeon, I had a feeling you were DH ;) ;).  The Milles-Iles is frozen but only the back-bays, dink pikes and perch.  Will be another week before the walleye spots are good to go.  As for St-Pierre, from what I have heard, the multpile-line regulation (open for extensive debate) has taken a huge toll on the pike and perch population.  It would be a choice spot for a lunker though.  I have heard of 40-pike days in Lac St-Francois (never been) and have buddies on St-Louis every week.

Ice should be here in about 2 weeks, with the current and all.  Will let you know when all is good.

Manny

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:22 PM »

HEY MANNY................. .. ;D

will see soon,,,,,,in your corner,,,,,,,,,

can t wait to go take a little ride up your spots,,,,, ;)

saw some picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,off you guys over there,,,,,,,,,, :o

a plus tard,,,,,,,, :)

joco,

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2005, 12:56 AM »
Ice is starting to form nicely with this cold-snap Joco, won't be long now.  Will probably be after the 20th though ;) ;) so we can have that extra line out just in case.

Will be in Ottawa next weekend, maybe see you there??

Manny

Offline icebigboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2005, 09:08 PM »
hi manny,
             welcome here.I'm from chibougamau.I'm sure your heard about us ???the season is near to begin over here.hope you have a great season ;D

icebigboy

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Hail from the Farside all my Quebec brothers! Stay in touch Manny....the boys from the "other side" want to get together! All are welcome to join us in Les isles de Boucherville if you down on our end of town!

Mikey

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2005, 08:36 AM »
Manny, it was great seeing you boys on the ice in your old stomping grounds on the Ottawa yesterday. Did it pick up at all after we left?

bucket

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2005, 08:43 PM »

MAN,,,,,,,,, :(.did i miss manny this week,,

i would have been nice to see you bod,,,,,,,

but hey will see you soon,,,,,,nere your place,,,

how the ice over there bod,,

joco ;D

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2005, 07:24 AM »

Just joined this site looks great.I have fished with Manny and Mikey ;D ;D.As Mikey said anyone who wants to joins us at Bocherville is welcome.Looking forward to our first time out. Hey Sturgeon and Joco great to see you here as well. ;D ;D.

Ron

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2005, 08:07 AM »
Welcome Everybody

I would probably take you guys up on the offer to fish boucherville sometime this winter. I am always looking for some new places to fish and some new people to meet. I just moved here last year and haven't found alot of ice fishing spots yet.

Heading up to Sturgeon Falls on New years and will probably hit Nipissing for some walleye action or maybe some backroad lake trout fishing.

Sturgeon

Offline The Iceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2005, 09:36 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am from Brossard (southshore of Montreal)

Hoping to get out more this year including Lac des Deux Montagnes, Lac Saint Louis, Sorel, Boucherville Islands as well as the Saint Lawrence around Longueuil.

Maybe we can organize an outing....

The Iceman (Dean)

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Hey Iceman you're right around the corner :D :D.Mikeys in Brossard and I'm in Saint Bruno. :D :D.We usuallly fish the Boucherville islands for Pike and Perch but would be interested in knowing where else in Longueil might be good.

Ron 

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Man, quite a few guys from the Island, looking forward to hooking up with everyone.

Bucketmouth, a guy caught a 6.2 pounder just after you left.  Had a run of dinks come in also but that was it.  You guys should head down here this winter.  Licsence might be expensive but the discount minnows will make up for it ;) ;).

Manny

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2005, 09:57 AM »
welcome manny :tipup:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.