Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Video

Review of Pistol Bit and Clam Plate.

(1/1)

GILLRIPPERS:
Hey guys, I did a quick review of my new auger set up, if you are interested.

BlueDuck:
Good tip on the trigger thingy.

HuyFishin:
aside from having handles in a regular auger formation.  Does the clam plate do anything else? i'm wondering if it has gearing that would reduce strain on the drill which may allow more holes drilled? i'm asking out of curiosity since there is not much advertisements on it.

GILLRIPPERS:

--- Quote from: HuyFishin on Jan 29, 2022, 02:01 PM ---aside from having handles in a regular auger formation.  Does the clam plate do anything else? i'm wondering if it has gearing that would reduce strain on the drill which may allow more holes drilled? i'm asking out of curiosity since there is not much advertisements on it.

--- End quote ---
So yes, the handles give you much better grip, and protect your wrists etc from injury if it jams. Dealing with a bad shoulder injury made me give this a try, and i really like it. Clam has a new play with a low gear box that does just what you are talking about. You can also get the gear box and upgrade an old plate. I think that is great for certain applications, just not for the amount and how i use it.

hardwater diehard:
 Castration band to take up the slop ..from Tractor Suppy

--- Quote from: HuyFishin on Jan 29, 2022, 02:01 PM ---aside from having handles in a regular auger formation.  Does the clam plate do anything else? i'm wondering if it has gearing that would reduce strain on the drill which may allow more holes drilled? i'm asking out of curiosity since there is not much advertisements on it.

--- End quote ---

There is no learning curve ..it is just like a power head auger . I also believe you are more proficient..less leg/stance repositioning 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version