The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Flasher  (Read 2255 times)

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
Re: Flasher
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2022, 06:01 PM »
Ford or Chevy...I have a Marcum LX7 now for 5 years and has been a good unit.  I like the LCD screen much better than the flasher that the vex or cheaper marcums have.  Every graph will have issues at some point.  Have to remember these graphs go through extreme weather and function well.  Most of my buddies that have been ice fishing have pretty much all switched over to Marcum and they all love them.  One guy did have an issue with the Marcum M1 where it was showing too much clutter, but he just bought a LX7 lithium.  Get what you can afford and will be happy with.  Most guys out on the ice will let you check out their graph and you can make your own decision with buying a new graph.  Nez

Offline kautz88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2022, 07:58 PM »
I have the hummingbird helix 5 and I love it but it’s only my second year with a flasher but really like the split screen 2d

Offline The Walri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:57 AM »
Just switched to a Marcum M-1 this year after using my old hummingbird fish finder off of my kayak the last few years and the difference is night and day. Can’t beat it for the price and I’ll agree that it does pretty well in shallow weeds.

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2022, 11:15 AM »
I prefer the marcum. As others mentioned, while using the zoom feature you get way  better separation between your bait and the fish. Also I had the marcum 5.6 showdown and liked the vertical graph with no flashing colors. I use livescope now. What a difference that makes!!

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Target separation is hard to beat on the Marcum.  I've tried my friends flx28, although an awesome unit, still doesn't have quite the separation.  Not too far off though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.