Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

lindy frostee spoon size ?

(1/2) > >>

ougot1:
I want to get a few frostee spoons for yellw perch and crappie , these fish are medium size and some smaller fish mixed in , what size 1/16 or 1/8 should i get no stores around here carry them ? any help appreciated  !

Rebelss:
I've always used 1/16 oz for crappie and gills, even though I don't target perch, have caught a lot on that size. Plus, if the fish are finicky, a smaller size is usually suggested. Just my .02. I know they'll hit on 1/8, too.

jrjach75:

--- Quote from: Rebelss on Nov 26, 2021, 04:43 PM ---I've always used 1/16 oz for crappie and gills, even though I don't target perch, have caught a lot on that size. Plus, if the fish are finicky, a smaller size is usually suggested. Just my .02. I know they'll hit on 1/8, too.

--- End quote ---

Same here, if I’m fishing panfish, I almost always have a 1/16 frostee tied on to one of my rods. If I’m getting into some bigger, aggressive crappies or perch, I like the 1/8 size, but probably 90% of the time, I’m using the 1/16.
Don’t know if price is any better, but customs jigs and spins demon spoon is almost identical profile/sizes.

Ice_Fly_Guy:
I'd go with the 1/16 oz version.  Bigger fish will eat that, but smaller fish may not eat the 1/8 oz version.

Iceassin:
I use 1/32 spoons for all panfish with a #18 treble. Northland Forage Spoons to be specific. Tip them with Wigglers if you're lucky enough to get them. Big gills and perch love em.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version