Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

West Side of Missisquoi Bay

(1/1)

tucknasty:
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to head up for an annual trip this February and wanted to try a new spot. I've fished most bays in the islands and the eastern side of Missisquoi, but I cannot find any info on the western side of Missisquoi bay near the Canadian border.

Looks pretty good from depth charts, but if any one has any info or insight into this part of the lake please let me know.

Thanks!

the_doctor:
Not sure where exactly you mean. If you are talking between Hog Island and Alburg by the Rt 78 bridge, that isn't exactly a secret spot...many people fish up there.
There are pike all over Missiquoi Bay, and perch/ panfish too. Best thing is to find your own spot. Pike, for example, like shallow and weedy... pretty much everywhere up that way fits that description. Who knows, you may find your own secret honey hole.
Only two ways to go with fishing, really. Go with an old, proven spot or take a risk on somewhere new. If it's somewhere new, it's a good sign if other fishermen are there, of course. It's OK to set up close, just not too close.
Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version