Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Video

Armpit deep for a GIANT laker!

<< < (2/3) > >>

POk3s:
Thank you guys for watching!

POk3s:

--- Quote from: FreshwaterPhil on Jan 30, 2021, 06:19 PM ---Amazing, what size holes you using?

--- End quote ---

Just depends how big I spud em out that day! Usually about 12”

POk3s:

--- Quote from: mr.clean on Jan 31, 2021, 09:37 PM ---Thank you for posting the video. Glad you had spare clothes to change into after dunking your arm to help friend land his lake trout. If legal have you ever given thought to using a gaff and hooking the lake trout in their mouths to help in landing them. Congratulations to you and your friends some beautiful fish were caught on your trip.
 Steve

--- End quote ---

I didn’t really have any spare clothes, I just put my coat on and zipped up tight!

Gaffs aren’t legal here, and even if they were, I wouldn’t use them for themselves fish. I like to see them swim away!

FreshwaterPhil:

--- Quote from: POk3s on Feb 03, 2021, 05:22 PM ---Just depends how big I spud em out that day! Usually about 12”

--- End quote ---

Nice. I guess the ice doesn't get to thick to be able to spud holes that big. Do you think all the noise spooks fish, or when they are that big that it may actually attract them? Kind of like prop wash lines we troll for musky...

mr.clean:
POk3s thank you for the reply glad you were able to stay warm. Here in New York you can only use a gaff on fresh water while ice fishing.Maybe one of the lip grip devices would be of some help in landing the lake trout.
 Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version