Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

portables

<< < (4/5) > >>

Mayfield_Mike:
I have a Shappel it is nice and easy to setup and folds up good.  has 2 doors so noone has to get up to let the other guy out.  I would stay away from them ones that flip up to open, my friend used to have a clam and whenever someone got out any heat built up inside was lost right away.  

Big_Mean:
KENELZ,  CABELAS DID HAVE ONE OTTER SET UP , A SMALL ONE.  
SURE DO LIKE THE FT-VOYAGER. I ALSO LIKE THE ESKIMO QUICKFLIP 3 , THE MATERIAL IS REALLY HEAVY,BUT THE FRAMMING SEEMS CHEAPER. TO MANY CHOISES. THE FT-GUIDE HAS SLIDING SEATS, THE VOYAGER IS A STEP UP AND
DOES NOT SLIDE.THE ESKIMO IS 70 $ CHEAPER THAN THE VOYAGER ,BUT I THINK IT WILL WORTH IT IN LONG RUN?
 HAD THE BISON RIDGE FOR LUNCH ,NOT AS MANY PEOPLE THERE AS I WOULD THOUGHT. THANKS AGAIN BIG MEAN.

kenelz:
Big_Mean, did you end up buying the Voyager? Or are you still deciding? I had the same trouble last year, I kept going and sitting in each shanty trying do decide, balancing the weight,ease of setup, price, quality etc. I liked the larger ones better, but, stayed small, I fish by myself over 90% of the time, I settled on the Shappell 2000 deluxe. I like it, but, I think some of the others were better made. The price was right.
I was out today on a lake in Grand Travese county, I didnt bring a tie down, and the wind had me sailing across the ice, I will have one tomorrow.

Smelt1:
Big Mean,If your still looking for a portable ice shack and your still looking at the otter shelter you may want to look at this web site: www.canvascraftinc.com they have a massive 7'x12' size that fit on the otter sled.4 people can easily sit inside this shack.They also sell seat combinations that mount on poly sleds that I will be buying as I have an older fish trap that only has the bunk seat with no backrest.I've been using a folding canoe seat on mine but the seats at this site seam alot better.You know what they say"If you don't go first class don't get off the porch". ;)

mnfishman:
Canvas Craft actually designed the Otter Sled and then they sold the design to Otter.  They still make portables at Canvas Craft in fact a friend of mine told me he bought one from them last year that is mounted on the Otter Magnum sled.  He went to Canvas Craft instead of Otter because he could get a heavier canvas than what Otter is putting on them.  He loves the thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version