Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

portables

<< < (3/5) > >>

Big_Mean:
Bushmaster, thanks                                                                                    found a number of differnt ones on the reedssports site. The otter looks nice too ,still like the fish trap voyager  though.i guess its like ford & chevy, personal preference? i like the seats & the height , also the shipping charge is pretty high I guess I'll just buy local! Hope you do well this season. Thanks for all the info.                BIG MEAN

kenelz:
Big_Mean, I was at Cabelas last monday, they had lots of shantys set up, and were setting up more. I dont recall weather any Otters were set up, but they had lots of Otters stuff.
I consider Cabelas in Dundee, Mi, my Mecca, I gotta get there every couple months or so. Its worth the trip wherever your from. Walkthrough aquariums, the trout stream winds through the clothing dept with huge rainbows swimming, at least 200 deer mounts, and full body mounts of about every animal alive including an elephant. Have you been there yet?

kenelz:
Bushmaster, I think your on to something. I have a small OttersII. I should have looked at the shacks that bolt on. I built a cargo sled to pull with the snowmobile, but its kind of heavy. I take it you put all your gear in the sled, and the shanty bolts on top?
I have a shappell, it pulls great on foot with the gear bungeed down on top, but, with the snowmobile, its a different story.

BushMaster:
Kenelz, Yep, the shanty portion bolts to the top of the otter. You also can buy a rigid hitch that bolts on as well. For me it is the best rig, takes a hell of a beating. I stow all my gear in there. There is the otter and the otter II, the II is the updated version. They have done a nice job with it.

Big_Mean:
 KENELZ HELLO
             YES I HAVE BEEN TO DUNDEE. THATS WHERE I FIGURED I WOULD END UP.I LOOKED AT GANDER MOUNTIAN IN TOLEDO, JUST NO MATCH TO CABELAS. THAT PLACE IS AWSOME. SURE CAN BURN UP A DAY THERE. I LIKE THE SMOKED ELK, YOU GET UPSTAIRS. GUY IN THERE TOLD ME IF  
 THEY DONT HAVE IT,YOU DONT NEED IT. I FISH THE SANDUSKY BAY, & LAKE ERIE. THE BAY HAS BEEN GOOD THE
 PAST WEEK ,STARTING TO OPEN UP. SEEN OPEN SPOTS TODAY. SO HOPEFULLY I CAN GET NEW SHANTY & GET IT PUT TOGETHER BY NEXT FREEZE. GUESS I WILL GO TO DUNDEE THIS WEEKEND. THANKS FOR INFO. ::)BIG MEAN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version