Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

Jig Rod Wire Tip ???

(1/2) > >>

racepoint:
Was out on the ice yesterday and did fairly well...... caught a bunch of Crappie.... nice size too !!  Saw a fellow doing much better and after visiting with him a bit happened to notice that on the end of his jig rod was a fine wire "gizmo" that detected even the slightest hit.  Anyone know what they are called and where one could purchase one.  Or are they "homemade-gizmo's" ?

skulldugary:
Those are probably spring bobbers and they can be had at about any bait shop.

PerchBusterSD:
it is a spring bobber, you can tell if a fish is there, if he is taking the bait down or up. You can't use a whole minnow with them tho because you could never tell if its the minnow or a fish

DaFish:
I just made a dozen spring bobbers out of a spring I had lying around, the spring was 3 inches long before I started stretching it out and cutting it into 3 inch pieces, I used needle nose pliers to form it to look like the store bought ones that cost $1.  They work great

asphalt_kid:
Dafish is right springs you can do yourself and you can determine the sensitivity by th size of the spring. Also those Schooley springs are another alternative too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version