The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New places to fish?  (Read 2508 times)

Offline LoveIceFish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
New places to fish?
« on: Jan 09, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Hello,
I had enough fun already on our two private lakes in NEPA, but began to get tired of bass, pickerel and panfish.
These lakes have plenty of fish, but variety is limited (nothing is perfect). Also, with 1 foot of ice already it was getting slow last weekend.
It looks like WP is not getting frozen any soon (Saturday I saw ice only in the coves), therefore I would like to ask if anybody knows place to fish for trout or anything else other then above with public access.
Thanks a lot.

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New places to fish?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Hello,
I had enough fun already on our two private lakes in NEPA, but began to get tired of bass, pickerel and panfish.
These lakes have plenty of fish, but variety is limited (nothing is perfect). Also, with 1 foot of ice already it was getting slow last weekend.
It looks like WP is not getting frozen any soon (Saturday I saw ice only in the coves), therefore I would like to ask if anybody knows place to fish for trout or anything else other then above with public access.
Thanks a lot.
Promised Land & Fairview Lake if you like trout.
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2006, 01:27 PM »
NEPA may be the only place in the state with safe this week.  You may have the best lake in the state come this weekend.  ;)
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2006, 01:42 PM »
NEPA may be the only place in the state with safe this week.  You may have the best lake in the state come this weekend.  ;)

I hear ya, was at shohola yesterday almost 13", I was plannin on headin back up on fri, have to play it by ear. 

Offline Fishbreath

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Hello,
Thanks a lot.
Private lake with 12" and nobody fishing it!!! Stop complaining
My wife is a widow during ice season.
ice shanty #53
VBA #299
retirement is't all its cracked up to be.................... ............its better

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2006, 03:15 PM »
If you're looking for freshly stocked brookies... Tobyhanna has ice.

Offline chilly feet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bait?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2006, 05:10 PM »
for my area they are calling for mid 40s all weak.
also staying above freezing at night.not good.

Offline LoveIceFish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Thanks a lot guys!
I guess with all the warm weather I have to stay close to home.

Shohola is close to me, but it has the same types of fish. Somebody told me that trout gets somehow into it from the creek, but I think it is more like a legend.

My friend fished Fairview and says that access is very limited and he had only bass and perch from this lake.
Has anybody tried it  this year? What is the ice condition?

Maybe, I should just get my boat on WP!  ;D

I still have NY reservoir permit. I see some nice lakes north from me, just after the border. Anybody fished them?

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Thanks a lot guys!
I guess with all the warm weather I have to stay close to home.

Shohola is close to me, but it has the same types of fish. Somebody told me that trout gets somehow into it from the creek, but I think it is more like a legend.

My friend fished Fairview and says that access is very limited and he had only bass and perch from this lake.
Has anybody tried it  this year? What is the ice condition?

Maybe, I should just get my boat on WP!  ;D

I still have NY reservoir permit. I see some nice lakes north from me, just after the border. Anybody fished them?

Two weeks ago I saw a guy with a 15" brownie at shohola, so their in their, how many is another question.

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:25 PM »
WOW, you guys are complaining about catching another type of fish because your sick of catching the same thing, You guys are hard core. A flag up or something on a jigging pole is all that I need. Not looking for any records, or particular species, just want to catch fish. 
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:15 AM »
WOW, you guys are complaining about catching another type of fish because your sick of catching the same thing, You guys are hard core. A flag up or something on a jigging pole is all that I need. Not looking for any records, or particular species, just want to catch fish. 

You guys ?  not me.

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Hey NEPA Old man, I've seen guys at Rose Valley lake on this past monday leave live pickeral laying on the ice because they don't want them in the lake. A flag up is a flag up no matter what the species. Guys like these are killing our sport.
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:56 PM »
hithole,,,,,your right,,,we kicked in 3 picks last monday that those 2 guys let on the ice,,,,,,,,and the kicker is,,,they werent even legal fish to keep :cookoo:,,,,so if the fish warden walked by,saw these illegal fish,,shouldnt that be a fine ::)
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2006, 04:59 PM »
Yea that should be a fine, but they would have to be caught in the act. Actually the whole thing is totally disgusting.
Ice hard, go fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.