Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Whitefish

They Would Not bite

<< < (3/6) > >>

dirtman:
Thanks for the tip.  I'll give it a try next time out.  Any color work better?

cousin eddie:
We both used glow hot perch on sunday but I seem to use a different color every time we go.  I honestly can't tell if color makes a difference and I have used a handful of different colors - black/gold, chrome/blue, firetiger, pearl/chartreuse, clown, glow hot perch.  I think it's more of a reactionary bite to the movement than anything.  If we are marking fish or seeing fish and not getting their attention, we either change presentation (jigging motion or change your lure all together) or we change locations and find active fish.  We usually don't stick to a spot unless we are getting results.

Yooper77:
I went out and gave the wigglers a try. Pimple on the bottom pounding away, and glow jigs with wigglers on top 2 jigs. After 2 1/2 hrs of prime time fishing 3-5:30 pm only 1 fish on camera and it didn't come with in 3 ft of the jigs. Not sure what the heck was going on, pounding the bottom and even pounding the camera, usually brings in a few curious fish.

fisheyefool:
i fish where everyone uses single eggs for bait. i tried jigging with just about everything under the sun but i can watch the fish on my camera all day not even look at my lure. i do a lot of fly fishing and tied up a few bead head nymphs. tied one on the other day and man they loved it. i would just barely move it off th ebottom.

coldazice:
the problem here is you are using too large of lure in conjunction with bait. I've fishing whitefish successfully for 26 years with just a copper wire worm, no beads, no bait at all, if you use it they tend to come up, snif around and swim off. With wireworms they don't hesitate to attack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version