Author Topic: Normark Jigging Rapalas......  (Read 2158 times)

fishtale51

Normark Jigging Rapalas......
« on: Feb 15, 2005, 04:12 PM »
I recently purchased a handful of Normark Jigging Rapalas (approx. $3.00 for each lure) that were marked down at Dicks Sporting Goods.  Is that a good price?  A majority were size 11 with a few size 9.  Colors are black/gold, black/silver and blue/silver.  What technique will be effective and on what species (walleye, pike, trout, slamon, etc.) of fish?

fishtale51

Normark Jigging Rapalas......
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2005, 04:25 PM »
I recently purchased a handful of Normark Jigging Rapalas (approx. $3.00 for each lure) that were marked down at Dicks Sporting Goods.  Is that a good price?  A majority were size 11 with a few size 9.  Colors are black/gold, black/silver and blue/silver.  What technique will be effective and on what species (walleye, pike, trout, slamon, etc.) of fish?

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
Re: Normark Jigging Rapalas......
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Size 11 and size 9 are big honking lures. I think primarly pike would be what they would work on, but if walleyes are feeding on large forage they might be okay for them too, or possibly lake trout.
I think to get these jigs to swim you'd need really heavy line, like 14 pound test mono or fluorocarbon. The best size for pike, lake trout, and walleye is #7. Sizes #3 and #5 are best for finesse walleye, bass, finesse trout, and large crappies and perch.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

outdoors13

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2005, 02:14 PM »
I was thinking about buying some of those too but in perch and black and white, do they fish well? probably be good for perch (small lures) and trout or walleye.

Offline Big_Buck_Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pull it out and measure it.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2005, 03:20 PM »
The small blue or perch color work great for perch.  Also hammer the pickerel on them.
Life is just a bunch of BS between deer seasons.
Mama doesn't know the toys we keep...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.