New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Delta Lake is Ready !  (Read 4225 times)

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
Delta Lake is Ready !
« on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Went to Delta Lake today and was surprised to see 5+ inches of ice.  I was set up right out in front of the beach in about thirty feet of water.....Slamming the perch left and right......Moved in shallower and still slammed the perch.  12-30 feet of water on the break ....they were stacked !!  Only had two hours to fish and limited out !  NICE !!    There was one other guy out there with me....don't know how he did....we had the lake to ourselves...

Offline dk_kon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Delta Lake is Ready !
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Went to Delta Lake today and was surprised to see 5+ inches of ice.  I was set up right out in front of the beach in about thirty feet of water.....Slamming the perch left and right......Moved in shallower and still slammed the perch.  12-30 feet of water on the break ....they were stacked !!  Only had two hours to fish and limited out !  NICE !!    There was one other guy out there with me....don't know how he did....we had the lake to ourselves...

Wow sounds like a darn good day!

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:01 PM »
I stopped by the lake Saturday...placed the conditions under Delta Lake in the Ice Conditions threads....I didn't have my jigging rod with me but I did have my axe to check thickness. How was the shore? When I was there it was a walk fast or go for a swim. The lake had about 5-6ish inches out in the center and 2-3 at the edges. I will be going Wednesday.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:26 PM »
when im on a fishing time limit i forget to factor in the cleaning time lol. isn't it nice to be back on the ice.

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2010, 11:13 AM »
what were you using for the perch  bait and lure?

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Brand new northland minnow jig tipped with a waxworm.....they crushed it!

Offline stevoxc700

• IceShanty Rookie
  • slinging on the north shore
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2010, 03:23 PM »
im going tomorrow any one been out?...just wondering on the ice conditions and whats biting

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2010, 04:02 PM »
im going tomorrow any one been out?...just wondering on the ice conditions and whats biting
I will be out there tomorrow. I will let you know if I see you  ;)

Offline otiscolake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2010, 07:02 PM »
fished today from 830 till 1100 and only caught 2 decent perch. rest of the guys around me werent doing much either. ice is good about 5 inches where we were in 11 ft.

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:02 PM »
fished today from 830 till 1100 and only caught 2 decent perch. rest of the guys around me werent doing much either. ice is good about 5 inches where we were in 11 ft.
where were you I was out there with my son, for a little while

Offline stevoxc700

• IceShanty Rookie
  • slinging on the north shore
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:25 PM »
hmmmm does not sound like much going on ill have to check it for my self ::)

Offline otiscolake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:44 AM »
where were you I was out there with my son, for a little while
i think u were right next to me---lol---i was in the clam shanty and i thinkk u were in a black shanty. i left a few min's after you did.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:24 AM »
Was there early this morning. I measured some black ice at 3.5" and moved about 20 paces away to 5" of ice. I may go back  this evening.

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:19 AM »
i think u were right next to me---lol---i was in the clam shanty and i thinkk u were in a black shanty. i left a few min's after you did.
yes that was us

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2010, 02:05 PM »
im going sunday probably up there.  i park at the launch on the north side of the lake.  anyone know how far i have to walk from there to find me some fish?

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2010, 02:33 PM »
im going sunday probably up there.  i park at the launch on the north side of the lake.  anyone know how far i have to walk from there to find me some fish?
I would park at the beach it would save you some walking, besides the road to the launch is not plowed and has a barricade at the intersection. You will have to walk out a ways as the water level is low, you will see where I was set up in about 15 FOW. Bring your spud and play it safe. Good luck and tight lines!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2010, 02:52 PM »
You fishing sunday ranger

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:05 PM »
I might be out and about...I was thinking about scouting ice conditions on some other spots the Fulton Chain, and the Canal near Oneida Lake. What I really need is a bucket of perch lol so maybe I will be on Delta.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:17 PM »
let me know if your going i am 90 percent im sure i will be out there.  lake of the isles is a option to but i dont know if want that drive on sunday

Offline cnyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:30 PM »
What does everyone mean when the say the "beach" ive lived and fished in central NY my entire life but never fished delta and i would like to go on sunday so any tips and info is helpfull im looking to get a mess of perch with my new lx-5. also do you catch decent sized perch in good numbers? If anyone is looking for someone to go with just let me know
"catch em all let god sort em out"

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2010, 04:14 PM »
What does everyone mean when the say the "beach" ive lived and fished in central NY my entire life but never fished delta and i would like to go on sunday so any tips and info is helpfull im looking to get a mess of perch with my new lx-5. also do you catch decent sized perch in good numbers? If anyone is looking for someone to go with just let me know
The beach is in the State Park...straight back from the booth, you will see the life guard house/cafeteria (in the summer). You do not need to pay to get into the park as it is closed for the season but the state keep the driveway plowed for people to recreate and us icefisherman ;)

Offline icefishinman88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:40 PM »
The guys plow the parking lot at the beach. I work there during during the summer and fall. Last year guys were taking machines out from the beach. Do your self a favor if you have a machine park in the back parking lot and drive out through the backset. Park police will be watching this year for machines going out from the beach.Good luck out there fellas might try to make it out next weekend

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:08 PM »
I don`t no what the big deal is going out of the beach with machines, I see they were to lazy to get out of there vehicle and walk out there instead of driving out there. Anybody have dec bugging them up there I stopped going up there a couple of years ago because of that rizzo or razzo always up you ass.  The perch to me weren`t to nice the color of them was funny to

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2010, 11:17 PM »
I don`t no what the big deal is going out of the beach with machines, I see they were to lazy to get out of there vehicle and walk out there instead of driving out there. Anybody have dec bugging them up there I stopped going up there a couple of years ago because of that rizzo or razzo always up you ass.  The perch to me weren`t to nice the color of them was funny to
HAHAHA  :roflmao: :roflmao: You mean ECO Ritzle? I work on 4th lake at Alger Island for the DEC I know the ECOs for Oneida and Herkimer pretty well.  I have never been bothered by them, I guess it helps to know them and be on there good side. But I have heard threw the grape vine they can be relentless.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #24 on: Dec 25, 2010, 12:28 AM »
HAHAHA  :roflmao: :roflmao: You mean ECO Ritzle? I work on 4th lake at Alger Island for the DEC I know the ECOs for Oneida and Herkimer pretty well.  I have never been bothered by them, I guess it helps to know them and be on there good side. But I have heard threw the grape vine they can be relentless.
well KChamp it looks like the DEC is going to be your new freind now :whistle: :whistle: :blink:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Dec 25, 2010, 06:25 AM »
the boys know me on oneida some stop in and get warm another stops gets warm and pokes in gps cords ,good bunch , of course i'm old and can't run very fast not much of a threat  :nono: :blink:

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:49 AM »
Ocifer Ritzle' Just remember me I am the old guy with the tan snorkle coat and I think you are doing a wonderful job, yours truely, Boggey. Are you guys catching this?
I get what you're saying. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the Eco's out there, afterall that's the career path I would like to take after college. I understand that a lot of people hate on them but they are just doing their job. Think of what our Natural Resources would be with out enforcers. I cant waite to run into Ritzle so I can b/s with him again.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Went out Friday for the last time of the 2010 year. I straight out from the beach. I drilled the holes and then started putting my tipups in. I got two set and working on the third and BAM bot flags at the same time, nice fat perch. When the bite slowed I wandered with my vex and genz stick. Over all total for the day was 33 perch (6 I kept) and one walleye lost at the hole. I have NEVER caught a walleye ever so when I saw what I had threw the black ice I was thrilled...until i watched it come to the ice next to the hole and roll and pop the treble out of its lip on the ice. All but 4" of black ice stood between me and my first walleye. I will return when it starts making ice again. Tight Lines all

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:33 PM »
ECO Ritzle is a jerk plain and simple, if you are his friend he nice to you but he thinks he is gods gift to be a jerk on delta, I can`t wait to see him in the unemployment line. For all the others, it is a shame he gives them a bad name, they have never bothered me at all, checked tons of times, wave your License and the way they go, and grateful for them doing there job well

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2012, 04:45 PM »
wish it was ready!!
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.