Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: practice  (Read 914 times)

Offline 26perch

• IceShanty Rookie
practice
« on: Nov 13, 2015, 06:54 PM »
 took time out to practice ice fishing off a dock this week. used my ice outfit with a mudbug ice jig tipped a crappie nibble. hopped from post to post managed to catch 4 small gills.  PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!!!

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: practice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2015, 09:49 PM »
Were you at Cornelia? I've been doing the same out there except lots of small crappies. Found a few decent yellows that made the pan though

Offline 26perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2015, 07:03 AM »
yes

Offline 26perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2015, 07:05 AM »
what were you using

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2015, 11:52 AM »
I've been doing the same thing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2015, 12:00 PM »
had a legal size small mouth almost go airborne on a ht neon awesome      if anyone is running vexilars add the extension transducer cable. Then get a golfball retriever extending and go nuts

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2015, 09:30 PM »
I was using mud bugs/dingledrops tipped with maki plastics or small pieces of nightcrawler. The crappies I've found our out in the "deeper" water at the end of the jettys on the ends of them. The yellows are holding tighter to the docks. I could've sat out there all day catching 4" crappie. Only kept a few yellows and most of the yellows are holding tighter to the docks around the corners where the dock starts a new row. Had one decent bite that came off. Could've been a cat or maybe a lgm bass. Although a 26" was pulled from the marina last year and we've seen guys catch eyes nightfishing during the summer. Would be nice to see a walleye pulled out this year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.