Author Topic: Been a long winter.  (Read 1426 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Been a long winter.
« on: Mar 16, 2022, 08:54 AM »
The pattern since December 20th:

-20C daytime and -30C nights, 2 days during each week -15C with 12” snow. Spend the week clearing snow in between, work, family and other usual stuff. If a day presented itself with the possibility of going fishing it was -20C to -30C before windchill, oh yeah, the wind has been a steady 30kmh all winter too, lol. It’s finally warming up though, actually raining as I type. FINALLY GOT OUT FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR!

Tried a couple of crappie spots with a buddy yesterday. First spot we drilled 15 holes through 3.5’feet of ice with 2’foot of snow on top, did not need the auger extension, but would have been a lot less work with one. We stared at the holes for an hour without even marking a fish. We packed up and headed further east 20 minutes. Things started to look similar to the first spot until 15 minutes in we got a nice 14” slab. We got to the 2nd spot at 2:30 pm and got around 45 crappie, 15 walleye/ baby saugers and a big pike by 6:30pm.

I consider that an itch well and truly scratched!

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline PenguinIII

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Been a long winter.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2022, 08:22 PM »
Sounds like you have had a truly tough winter up there. Good job hanging in there. I hope as things warm up you will have some better weather to get on them. Looks like plenty of ice left. Tight lines my friend

Offline Old Yellaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2022, 06:17 PM »
Yes been along winter missed seeing your videos this winter. Haven't been out at all this winter due to health reasons stating in January. Just finished putting sled and sleighs away this week. Hoping I get better for open water.

Offline Fishkeeper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2022, 05:08 PM »
Haven't had a winter this bad since the early 70's..... Global warming my ass .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.