The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: How was the chauncy derby  (Read 1281 times)

Offline massmanmark

• Team IceShanty Regular
How was the chauncy derby
« on: Feb 09, 2008, 03:45 PM »
I had to work today, missed the derby, but drove by and saw a ton of people on the ice, any reports?

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike17.0 Steely9.8 Bass6.9 Brood8.0 Crappie17.5
Re: How was the chauncy derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:53 PM »
It was so good no one home yet  ;D

Offline bostoned

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:55 PM »
I couldn't make it but I drove by at around 4pm.  I only saw one shanty out on the ice.  What time did the derby end?

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2008, 07:31 PM »
IT WAS GOOD MY BUDDY GOT HIS FIRST PIKE AND IT WAS WORTH 1065 DOLLARS THAT IS NICE.I WILL POST THE PICS TOMORROW  ;)
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2008, 06:30 AM »
I had to work today, missed the derby, but drove by and saw a ton of people on the ice, any reports?

A Blast! Great Day, Good Food, Best of friends! Lots of action...

Don't get much better than that!

Flaggs! :thumbsup:

Pudge and the gang did another OUTSTANDING job :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline FallRiverIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2008, 06:53 AM »
derby was excellent, run very efficiently as well...too bad i lost a tiger at the hole that was an absolute beast. let it run 3 different times after it got to the hole. the fourth time it got to the hole belly up and exhausted. my brother reached in to gill it and it got spooked and took off again but this time he rubbed along the bottom of the hole against the ice and frayed my line. so mad about it and it makes it worse that i fish there often and yesterday just happened to be derby day. (mulling over if i should get a small gaff) good looking pike took down first, weighed in at a little over 8 pounds. a pickeral that weighed over 4 pounds took down second, this thing was a beast.   

flaggs, f shiner, king martin, good to meet you guys, looking forward to bare hill this weekend

Offline JimC

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:19 AM »
awesome tourny, five of us had good action early and all day. I caught a pickeral before I even had all my traps in. My buddy got 2 bass before he got all his traps in, one of wich was 4.70lbs to finish in third place ;D, not bad by 7:10 in the morning. My other friend got 2 pike but were only 24" and 25", and a bunch of cigar sized pickeral also my bro and my niece had flags flying all day but just caught all cigars. we had a good time and the guys running the tourny did a great job once again. I already can't wait till next year. :thumbsup:

Offline Pudge

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks Guys. Congratulations to the winners
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2008, 04:00 PM »
We had another great year.  As always we were tentative until the end because of the weather, but mother nature helped us out with a couple cold nights.

I am going to try and post the pics on a website for viewing and also have a write up complete by next week.  Keep your eyes peeled and again, thanks to everyone who helped make this another success.

Pudge

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I heard it was a good time. Will try and make it next year
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.