The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: chauncy tournament  (Read 2358 times)

Offline baitman1018

• IceShanty Rookie
chauncy tournament
« on: Feb 07, 2008, 10:36 AM »
 JUST CHECK ICE ON CHAUNCY WITH GUYS IN CLUB TOURN IS ON. THE EDGES AT HOSPITAL A LITTLE SOFT JUST FIRST 2 FEET BEST ACSESS IS ETHER FRONT BEACH OR BOAT RAMP. THE GATE ACROSS FROM BEACH PARKING LOT WILL BE OPEN AND GATE TO DROP OFF ON CORNER OF AOK STREET. ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT (508) 631-1816 THATS MY CELL TRY NOT TO CALL AT MIDNIGHT . THE LAKE HAS BETWEEN 6"-10" OF ICE . I WOULD RECOMENT USING YOUR FEET NOT BRINGING QUAD OR SLED THE LAKE IS NOT THAT BIG.

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: chauncy tournament
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2008, 11:55 AM »
thanks for the info , jim.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 02:13 PM »
It's ON..... :thumbsup: :clap:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline the wizzard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:34 PM »
It's ON..... :thumbsup: :clap:
Mugz,I was curious as to to the lake being quad safe.??
It was posted not recommending A.T.V.'s but I was hoping to bring mine to use as a means of weigh-in.Can you be more specific as to how safe it is to use quads or snow machines.  thanks,~~~WIZZARD~~~

Offline baitman1018

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Access is the problem with quad if youare going to bring it I woulddrop it off at corner off oak st were big gate is and get on from beach. we are putting ply wood there to help with that  . The club will have at least 1 maybe 2 to help bring fish to scales.

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:56 PM »
That's great news Mugz!

Secretly though, I was hoping for a reschedule as I have been home sick since Tuesday with a killer cold/flu! The wife has said, she is going to tie me down (get your minds out of the gutter guys   :D ) if I am not close to 100% by Saturday. I am eating pills like they are popcorn! (I did manage a drive by this morning on my typical sunday morning scouting trip. Couple guys out there but did not venture out on the ice)

Anyhow, I'll be there!  My question is this, do you guys use radios? I have a couple and it would be great to be able to call for a fish pickup when I pull in the 14lb pike  ;D If so, what channel do you guys monitor?

And... Shanty Guys, We will meet at the beach after the tourney for a little sustenance/libation! I assume there will be a shanty flag flying so we can hook up at the flag. cool?

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline FallRiverIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:59 PM »
went by after work today...gonna be a little wet and def. not atv approved, uneven ice and expecting alot of ppl...leave them home and let the club worry about them, they have familiarity with the pond...im sure they will take care of weigh in purposes....

Offline baitman1018

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2008, 04:33 PM »
sorry no good date to reschedule without stepping on another tour and we don't want to do that. Like I set before foot traffic access  ok but quad access may be iffy you don't know the lake.

Offline the wizzard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:02 AM »
sorry no good date to reschedule without stepping on another tour and we don't want to do that. Like I set before foot traffic access  ok but quad access may be iffy you don't know the lake.
thanks for the suggestions!!
see you with my group from B.C.I.M. on sat.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2008, 06:05 AM »
Don't think I will be able to make it this year.......I am tentative. If I go I would be going a little late and leaving early. Might be best if I just chalk this year up....if I go, I will be sure to look for yous guys.

Good Luck and be safe.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Just drove by - ice looks good. 2 guys fishing the point to the right of the beach, 2 guys in the cove to the right of the point and 4-6 guys near the state hospital. This was all at 8am. Wonder if those guys are staying until tomorrow ::) - Porter

Offline Danny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I've never been to this pond and I'll be coming with young kids so it's nice to not to be set up to far from the truck.  Where would you recomend parking?

On my map it looks like there is a road behind the hospital that runs along the north side of the pond, is it possible to park and access the pond from there?

Offline mgarvey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Yes it is but you need to get there early to get a parking space

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Don't think I will be able to make it this year.......I am tentative. If I go I would be going a little late and leaving early. Might be best if I just chalk this year up....if I go, I will be sure to look for yous guys.

Good Luck and be safe.

Hey Mugz... I hope you can make it! At least try and stop in at the end of the tourney and have a beer!

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Just drove by - ice looks good. 2 guys fishing the point to the right of the beach, 2 guys in the cove to the right of the point and 4-6 guys near the state hospital. This was all at 8am. Wonder if those guys are staying until tomorrow ::) - Porter
Hey Porter,

I just drove by and there are a few more guys out there... The Westboro Fire Department was over at the beach checking things out as well.
Where I went (hospital side) it did not look like there was any issue getting on either. There were also a few guys on Stump and they planked-it-on. No-one on Quinsig or Flint. Drove by Coes pond and I have yet to see anyone out there.

Porter, Unoman, Lenz, you guys fishing this gala event?

Flaggs!

Offline Danny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Flaggs, did it look like you could get on the ice okay at flint?

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Flaggs, did it look like you could get on the ice okay at flint?
Danny,
From the ramp, no... it looked pretty sketchy. I did not walk the path along the shoreline to the left of the ramp to see if there were any access points or not. If it's like the area lakes and ponds, I would think you could get on from the shore with perhaps the help of a plank but that is pure speculation on my part.

hey, you fishing chauncy? Tibbs around? I am amazed I have not run into you guys yet this year.. whats up with that?

Flaggs!

Offline the wizzard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:16 PM »
Hey Porter,

I just drove by and there are a few more guys out there... The Westboro Fire Department was over at the beach checking things out as well.
Where I went (hospital side) it did not look like there was any issue getting on either. There were also a few guys on Stump and they planked-it-on. No-one on Quinsig or Flint. Drove by Coes pond and I have yet to see anyone out there.

Porter, Unoman, Lenz, you guys fishing this gala event?

Flaggs!that was me,neo and tc34 over in the back near the hospital.
The ice was fine but the edges were terrible.
the best edge was probably near the boat launch near the registration area.
we drove by at the end and checked it out.Alot better there.
Be careful of old holes out there that were partially covered up by the snow squals we had today.You could easily fall into one as i did.

Offline jpete92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:45 PM »
Fished chauncy yest aft and today am. you can get on by the hospital and they will be putting planks out as well... WATCH OUT FOR OLD HOLES THEY ARE NOT FROZEN!!! watch the dark spots under the snow and you will be fine....Good Luck to everyone tomorrow....The Picks were biting like hell both days on live 4-5+  inch shiners....Nothing on dead bait.....

Cheers :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.