The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Ya but you don't understand  (Read 2893 times)

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ya but you don't understand
« on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:58 AM »
I received some stuff from Bass Pro Shops on Tue and My girlfriend asked me How much is en ought  :o Do you have any idea how much fishing stuff you have ;DWellI did a quick look around my room where everthing  is and said Ya but you don't understand. So this morning its shi##y out here.I took a quick inventory of what i have,Holy cow I have to find another place to store MY Stuff.I counted 15 Rods 12 reels and this is just open water stuff Float Tube which I have never used from Orvis I heard about that >:(.Now did I say bass boat I got last year.So I try ed to talk to my sweetie and said,Would you want me to hang  around bars or do something else that not good,and she said I could own my self a bar if I sold all my Stuff :cookoo: ya right.This is my second life Fishing weather on open water or Hard water,this is where I find peace and quite for the short time I spend.I got to find a new place  to put new stuff I am running out of space.Any Ideas.I have to go and call the florist.V day is coming fast.              Have a Great Day
                                                                                                               butchy54       
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline jmdigello

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ya but you don't understand
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:03 AM »
i think i spend just as much time browsing/buying for hunting and fishing stuff as i do actually hunting/fishing.  its part of the fun especially fishing stuff because i can never wait to get out there and give it a try.

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Butchy,

Don't even get me started :P  I've got the best story of them all.... One Sunday two summers ago, my fiance' and I went out to rent a blockbuster movie. The long and short of it was by the time we got home, we had purchased a 22ft Ranger bass boat with a 225hp on the back :thumbsup:  Nevermind the 50+ rods/reels and gazillion plastic baits :wacko: I hear ya buddy.. Crazy sport of fishing!  You're right about valentines too - time to thank the little woman  :angel  - Porter

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I received some stuff from Bass Pro Shops on Tue and My girlfriend asked me How much is en ought  :o Do you have any idea how much fishing stuff you have ;DWellI did a quick look around my room where everthing  is and said Ya but you don't understand. So this morning its shi##y out here.I took a quick inventory of what i have,Holy cow I have to find another place to store MY Stuff.I counted 15 Rods 12 reels and this is just open water stuff Float Tube which I have never used from Orvis I heard about that >:(.Now did I say bass boat I got last year.So I try ed to talk to my sweetie and said,Would you want me to hang  around bars or do something else that not good,and she said I could own my self a bar if I sold all my Stuff :cookoo: ya right.This is my second life Fishing weather on open water or Hard water,this is where I find peace and quite for the short time I spend.I got to find a new place  to put new stuff I am running out of space.Any Ideas.I have to go and call the florist.V day is coming fast.              Have a Great Day
                                                                                                               butchy54       

BUtchy,

Real simple Bud. You explaine to her that even though she currently has enough jewelry, that you will continue and she will continue to add new pices to the already sufficient collection. Also, it is like having enough shoes. She will still be buying new "Styles" od sandals, flats, new colors etc.... even though she currently has enough.

You explaine to her that even though she has what she needs in the way of make-up, you understand that from time to time she will be adding new colors of nail polish, lip gloss, lip stick, blush, liner etc...

And you also understand that even though her current hand lotion is enough, you know she will be trying "New and improved types" and that is OK with you.

And the variety of shampoos she likes??? You understand the need to buy new varieties to try and improve on the effectiveness of the current types and brands she has enough of already.

Oh, and please Butchy, what ever you do, do not forget to remind her that even though she has enough purses, that you understand the need to add to or replenish the stock pile of such accessories from time to time.....just like your hunting and fishing gear.

Butch, you also should point out that since you are OK with the bathroom towels, curtains, rugs, blinds etc... that are being used now, you understand her need to "Enhance" the appeal and look of these items through replacement of additions to the collection, even though they still may work.

Given the above scenario, I think you quite the flexible, understanding guy that most women would be envious of. And all your asking for are a few additions to your hunting and fishing gear?????

I jumped around abit up top, but I am at work and busy. But I think you get the idea???????? Just put it in your own words Butchy!!! ;)

RL

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Yea we don't want to go there with her stuff I won't  even bring up 10.000 for her ring last year I could of had a nice fishing trip to anywhere.lol :o
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:48 AM »
I agree with ya Butchy her ring 7500.00 mine 400.00 thats why my wife never argues with me when I buy any fishing stuff lol ;)2  She knows I never ask when she buys new shoes or anything else that is in fashion. And Porter you are also right we have to take care or our wives or gilrfriends come Valentines day. It is only one day of the year so make it special ;D

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:57 AM »
We bought my girl a $3,500 Bernina sewing machine this fall , the way I see it I have a little catching up to do ! lol

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Don't get me wrong here She is a sweetheart and I would do anything for her,but she cross that line :oMy stuff I know she was busting my b#%%s a little,after she ask what I was getting her for Valentines Day,I told her some new hooks maybe a new Hummingbird fishfinder for the boat.She got pissed then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Don't get me wrong here She is a sweetheart and I would do anything for her,but she cross that line :oMy stuff I know she was busting my b#%%s a little,after she ask what I was getting her for Valentines Day,I told her some new hooks maybe a new Hummingbird fishfinder for the boat.She got **censored** then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.
Just stay away from appliances and a vacuum ! lol For some reason those items seem to bring out the temper of a serial killer in a woman ! lol

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Porter

I wanna go to that Blockbuster!  LOL!

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2008, 04:01 PM »
i can help with your problem. i'll hold onto any stuff you need to hide. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Icecracka46

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My favorite fishing partner
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:14 PM »
I'm laughing at this because I'm the same way. I bought a fish and ski for the family. ha ha
Even though i used it 3 times as much by myself. Oh yeah i need all this ice fishing equipment to keep my son occupied and warm (ice house) in the winter also. I need a 4 wheeler next.Maybe I'll go rent a movie!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:19 PM »
Last Feb, I took (my now ex) G/F to dinner on the 1up sled I owned. We got to the resturant and at dinner she asked how much a 2 person sled costs. With in 24 hours we bought a 2002 Pantera 800! Now when we broke up and I moved out, she wanted half of the money of the sled. She did not have a bed so I did the best thing I could think of...I gave her my bed for the rest of the sled!

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:30 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Ya it a Good life though Porter I thought I was bad your really sick the sickest of the sick  what was the movie you rented Sea Hunt :laugh: :laugh:All us Men or kids or whatever your special person call you,We need our Toys and that is the bottom line.The One who dies with the most toys wins.I thought you would get a good laugh out of this.Its happen to all of us one time or another.Pray for cold cold cold weather.   Have a great night thanks for all your reply
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline baitman1018

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:34 PM »
The best part is porter already owned a nice boat .Just wanted to go faster.

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Yup - jimmy has it right! Upgraded from 42 mph max to 70mph..... Good to have it when thunderstorms are bearing down on you on Mempremagog!  - Porter

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:47 PM »
my need is speed
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:11 AM »
My need is speed! And big smallies!

Offline Icecracka46

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My favorite fishing partner
« Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2008, 08:14 AM »
My need is speed! And big smallies!

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
Now your talking!
I go up to cobossee,me. to try and hunt for smallies. Nice fish.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2008, 08:53 AM »
Nice boat Porter!!!! 

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Nice boat and smallies Porter!

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 07, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Hey bud ....the answer is easy.............find yourself an Ann Marie ;D

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:04 PM »
jeez Porter,

nice boat...gotta get me on that bad boy this summer...K

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:12 PM »
porter they dont call em smallies cause they get big come with me this spring and you'll get some that would eat those  ;D
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Ron, I hear ya buddy. Pencil me in - I'm down for some big smallies. Tight lines ;D

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:16 PM »
jeez guys...just bring me along!!!!... ;)

i used to knock em down big on winnipesaukee...i miss it...K

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.