The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Driving on Ice, Please Read  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Driving on Ice, Please Read
« Reply #30 on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:07 PM »
But.. I would like to add that there were not any mishaps... correct?  And I think that you are exaggerating a little bit.  Where were you set up?

At this derby the person that i can picture that was complain the most about this was the one guy with zero common sense and i mean zero, who decides to set up about 150 yards  from shore from the beach with his 5 tilts going across the area to drive on and off.  I can just picture him complaining all day.
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:14 PM »

At this derby the person that i can picture that was complain the most about this was the one guy with zero common sense and i mean zero, who decides to set up about 150 yards  from shore from the beach with his 5 tilts going across the area to drive on and off.  I can just picture him complaining all day.
and there were a few of them out there...
, , ,

Offline olrustyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • sorry to leave
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2008, 08:59 AM »
I have to agree with you guys. We had snowmobiles and quads circling us all day Sunday. Quite annoying. However playing devils advocate here we don't own the ice or water when its warm. Think of it as a water skier on ice annoying the heck out of you when you want to fish. There are rules for speed within certain distances (which most obeyed Sunday) of people. If someone is breaking that let them or the authorities know. Otherwise you have to deal with it. I know for a fact that the lake I fished Sunday I wont fish that end again. It's just too busy and annoying.
But they do have a right to enjoy the lake just as we do.

In fact I've seen some posts that recommend not fishing a particular lake because it has so much traffic.

Oh well,

Spike
Hi Capt.
nice to hear from you in the Mass forum.Please be careful us Mass guys get beat up pretty bad in the N.H. forum LOL

Offline Lrgmouth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Goosehonker,
I'll make a deal with you. You let my daughter tag along again, and I'll make sure nobody comes near your equipment.  ;)
Seriously, Thanks for showing Sierra the finer points of Ice fishing. She will never forget the kindness you and your wife showed her. Thank you, Sasquatch. :D

Offline Osmeridae King

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:32 PM »
There is nothing more disappointing than watching your traps smashed to pieces by a speeding vehicle on the ice with an inattentive driver seriously lacking intelligence and respect

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:49 PM »
There is nothing more disappointing than watching your traps smashed to pieces by a speeding vehicle on the ice with an inattentive driver seriously lacking intelligence and respect
WORD :nono:
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.