The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 2nd  (Read 32304 times)

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bartons Cove Gathering Feb 2nd
« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Count me in. I'll bring the chili       
come on donnie I've been waiting for you're venison stew it was the best I've had.
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Amen Ron...that veni chili was awesome....

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Just wondering if this has been updated? How many are going for sure and how many are questionable?
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:59 PM »
I thuoght it was stew he marinated the veni in teryaki first them made the stew if its the same donnie
if it is I'm willing to trade a home made shinner trap for the whole recipe in detail

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:06 PM »
sounds like 20-30 coming to bartons although last year we were supposed to have over 20 and there were only 10 of us or so....alot of no shows....but both bartons and bare hill were in their first year.....bare hill ended up being 18 of us.....its catching on....the more the better....

whaddya think capt?

K

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike17.0 Steely9.8 Bass6.9 Brood8.0 Crappie17.5
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:11 PM »
 Hey K, does Bartons have a biggest fish tourney of any sort ? $$

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:15 PM »
we did one at bare hill but I'm Capt shay (our host) would be open to something...I know I will... ;)
K

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:18 PM »
 I'm deciding between Derby's going on and places to go , you know what I mean all around the same dates.

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:19 PM »
A little tourney would be alot more interesting, and get more people if thats what the Cove wanted.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:25 PM »
well...both gatherings are about meeting up with shanty guys from across the state..the derby is secondary..... ;)

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Well I`m not worried a derby /if the captain puts one together thats fine also but i am just looking forward to this one.This thaw worries me though in RI. May have to fish N.W. Mass. sooner than we thought. :o :o :o

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:40 PM »
I dont' think the captain will care we could have a little bucket and who ever wants to put in x amount 5-10 ??? get in biggest overall fish takes all everyone gets a number 1 thruogh how ever many so we know how much should be in there leave the bucket under one of the grills.  sound like its gonna be a full blown buffet!!!!!! :P :P :P

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:48 AM »
I dont' think the captain will care we could have a little bucket and who ever wants to put in x amount 5-10 ??? get in biggest overall fish takes all everyone gets a number 1 thruogh how ever many so we know how much should be in there leave the bucket under one of the grills.  sound like its gonna be a full blown buffet!!!!!! :P :P :P
Ron how long of a drive for you from Foxboro 2hrs and do you shoot up the mass pike or diff. route?

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #73 on: Jan 08, 2008, 07:43 AM »
well...both gatherings are about meeting up with shanty guys from across the state..the derby is secondary..... ;)

Exactly Unoman !  Also, if we start calling it a tourney I would have to pull a permit on this body of water.  I really don't want to have to go through that kind of hassle or pay whatever fee I'm sure is associated with it.  Now, on the other hand, if someone unoman was to get a bucket and he unoman collected say, five or ten oreos from each person who chose to participate and then he unoman gave all those oreos to the person who caught the biggest fish, who would I be to say he couldn't.  ;)

Just a little over three weeks away and I'm getting pumped !  Heard of a 17lb pike that came out of there last weekend and a rumor of of a nice walleye as well.  As of now we have 24 confirmed and another dozen maybes.   If you are on the fence on this one lets hear from you.  A good time is guaranteed !

Many Flags,

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:00 AM »
Sounds like a great group of guys.......unfortunatl ey I am going to have to pass this year. It's quite a hike for me.
Looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pics.  :thumbsup:

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Well put Capt, yes I'm a maybe, if I can get a buddy or two to come, it's more likely, thanks for the reply.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Well said Capt Shay...

same concern for me here at Bare Hill....I just call them points in stead of oreos...lol.... :D

It'll all work out....lookin forward to it...pray for cold..Karl

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #77 on: Jan 08, 2008, 04:31 PM »
What derby I was putting in 5 bucks for hot dog rolls, I thought!!!
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Ron how long of a drive for you from Foxboro 2hrs and do you shoot up the mass pike or diff. route?
It does'nt take me 2 hrs to get any where in this state LEAD FOOT ;D I think I went 128 to rt 2 that was mapquest directions where you coming from last time I drove by myself

Offline playhardtte

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:07 PM »
  Count me in! i'll bring chips ,dips, etc. :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline GOT PIKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO GODS
« Reply #80 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Hey mileage wise, the shortest I've found is 495nth-117west-190nth-rte2west to the town of Gill, Bartons cove is on your left on rte2. I do it almost once a week, You'll do it easy in 2 hrs from around here.
Work is for people that don't know how to fish.........

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:20 PM »
you coming fishing shay how you doing want to go this weekend I'll be somewhere if you go to bartons you can ride with me

Offline GOT PIKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO GODS
« Reply #82 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:40 PM »
HeyRon, I'll be outa town this weekend.But other than that I'm game. hoping to hit both these gatherings. Shay,
Work is for people that don't know how to fish.........

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:58 PM »
It does'nt take me 2 hrs to get any where in this state LEAD FOOT ;D I think I went 128 to rt 2 that was mapquest directions where you coming from last time I drove by myself
Cumberland R.I. /I know there are a couple different routes.I do believe 495 is the way to go.Cant wait looking forward to meeting everyone.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #84 on: Jan 08, 2008, 07:53 PM »
  Count me in! i'll bring chips ,dips, etc. :thumbsup: :icefish:

Good to heat that Play ! Your on the list  :tipup:

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #85 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:01 PM »
you coming fishing shay how you doing want to go this weekend I'll be somewhere if you go to bartons you can ride with me

??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D Hi Ron.  Nice sentence  ;D Shoot me a PM with your Phone # so we can talk.

Many Flags,

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #86 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:06 PM »
I was just in another topic and suggested that shanty guys get together after the a1 bassmasters tourney on big chauncy! I saw this after!  

I'm in!

The only thing is that if it gets pushed to the 9th, I'm on chauncy for the tourney.

Never been on the river and I am ALWAYS up for a new place to fish.

So... I can have my wife cook up a huge batch of homeade clam chowdah. It's the best!

Cool!

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:11 PM »
be good to see you there flaggs

two of us shanty guys are bringing chowder already..bring it if you want but dont feel you have to... ;)

I think Shay waved off more food a while ago...its a feast already...just come and enjoy...

unless chauncey is moved...we will see you there...K

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #88 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:31 PM »
I was just in another topic and suggested that shanty guys get together after the a1 bassmasters tourney on big chauncy! I saw this after! 

I'm in!

The only thing is that if it gets pushed to the 9th, I'm on chauncy for the tourney.

Never been on the river and I am ALWAYS up for a new place to fish.

So... I can have my wife cook up a huge batch of homeade clam chowdah. It's the best!

Cool!

Flaggs!

No Clam chowda yet so bring it on.  Just don't make to big a batch so you don't have to take any home.  I wasn't trying to discourage people from bringing different dishes, just didn't want to have to much of the same thing (and you know I love your chowda Uno  ;D) .  This is shaping up to be a hard water feast !!! Just got a PM from a friend who is a pro chef who is 90% in and can't wait to hear what he is bringing.  What a great time this is going up to be.

B.T.W.  We still don't have any one bringing Broughts, and it wouldn't be an ice feast without them, so if anyone is wondering what to bring, there is an idea.

Look forward to seeing you Flaggs and I'm adding you to the list.

Tight Lines,

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Shay

good point...someone needs to bring the braughts......clam chowder would actually be good as this year I am mixing it up and making pollock/fish chowder (with a few clams)....pollock straight from the boat in Oct...yum....

if no one steps up for the braughts (sp?)...I'll grab some....

man..gonna go home happy and fat...love it...any time for fishing on this one????....these east/west gathering events could shape up to be a long tradition.....pretty soon you and I will need agents..LOL... ;)

Im hoping my buddy Lenz will bring some of that polish whateveryoucallit thats about 100 proof for dessert......buwah

Karl

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.