The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Best place to fish lakers in Higgins lake  (Read 18873 times)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Re: Best place to fish lakers in Higgins lake
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I was down by the west side launch yesterday and the lake had a skim of ice over about 2/3 of it. Some very large areas had snow on top out toward the island.

That's what I'm wanting to hear. Might have ice by February then.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2008, 10:25 PM »
That's what I'm wanting to hear. Might have ice by February then.

We all need to have a positive attitude and believe that the ice gods will bring the hard stuff and maybe some bowing will help so here it goes  :bow: :bow: :bow: . It may seem crazy  :cookoo: but I will do "what ever it takes". I love those deep clear lakes.

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Sounds like a lot of members will be fishing Higgins this year. It would be cool for some of us to meet up there at some point. Or maybe we should buy Team Ice Shanty flags and represent while we are fishing the lake. Just a thought.
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2008, 07:55 AM »
Higgins was capped over partly this weekend but according to locals not safe yet winds chills there was -25 all weekend.
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline sightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's a method to my madness!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2008, 08:10 AM »
Higgins was capped over partly this weekend but according to locals not safe yet winds chills there was -25 all weekend.
Thats funny, I talked to 2 locals last night who fished it yesterday, on 6" of ice over 40 fow. B T W ,they are family so I don't think they would lie to me. Heard the NW side is spotty and almost ready 2-3". Not trying to be rude. Call some baitshops.
"Oh honey don't worry ice fishing season is almost over"     Oh Yeah, then we got steelhead, then bass, then big lake salmon, then fall river salmon........etc.
 "As fish go through the water colume, so do the days of our lives".

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Thats funny, I talked to 2 locals last night who fished it yesterday, on 6" of ice over 40 fow. B T W ,they are family so I don't think they would lie to me. Heard the NW side is spotty and almost ready 2-3". Not trying to be rude. Call some baitshops.

I'm with you Sightfisher mainly because I like what you are telling me ;D and if your wrong then you are going to have a real bad  :%$#!: weekend so either way 6" of ice should be there when I come Feb 2 ;)2 .

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2008, 02:38 PM »

That was the report I got from Lyman's Sunday.  Did not go the lake so was just passing what I had heard. :) :)
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.