Author Topic: Steel Thermos-cold coffee  (Read 1766 times)

Offline iceintioga

• Team IceShanty Regular
Steel Thermos-cold coffee
« on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:14 AM »
Anyone know of a thermos bottle that will keep coffee hot, or at least warm all day?

My steel one is very durable, but I am drinking iced coffee by noon...ok in summer , but a very different story out on the ice.

I have used the glass lined ones before, but eventually they roll off the truck seat and you hear the sound of broken glass and coffee slush when it hits the ground....:-(

Thanks for any advice...

iceintioga

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Steel Thermos-cold coffee
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:20 AM »
Thermos makes a heavy duty work series steel thermos. They work well and keep stuff warm all day.

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:22 AM »
You can get the odd bad Thermos that just won't keep things hot.... a good one should be ok for 3/4 of the day.  Univacs are better I think... I've got a couple of them and no problems. 
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:25 AM »
I've owned a couple steel thermos's and they've all kept my coffee hot all day on the ice...you must just have a bad one.....

I bought a cheapie at Wal Mart a few years ago and it still performs as well as one of the more expensive ones..Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2006, 07:59 AM »
The thermos sold by LL Bean (steel) is the best I've ever owned.  If you fill it with boiling water and get it hot, then dump the water and refill with your coffee it stays hot all day, even in cold temps.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:22 AM »
I have two steel thermoses by Stanley and they both stay hot all day. If you are warming it up with hot water first and it won't stay hot take it back where you bought it and exchange it. My Stanleys have a lifetime warranty and I have had a bad one. I exchanged it for a new one.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2006, 09:49 PM »
My Stanley thermos has the easy pour cap.  I roll up a paper towel and shove it in the cap, that seems to help keep the coffe hot longer, also helps to soak up any coffe drips from the last pour.

Offline Thestanimal

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Learn How to Work Kid"
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2006, 11:02 AM »
The thermos sold by LL Bean (steel) is the best I've ever owned.  If you fill it with boiling water and get it hot, then dump the water and refill with your coffee it stays hot all day, even in cold temps.

I second that-My LL Bean thermos is money.  Follow the rx above you will have hot coffee all day.
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2006, 11:12 AM »
I have a steel Thermos brand thermos and all I do is like everyone else perscribed.  Run a couple of hot batches of water from the sink trough it and let it sit a spell to prewarm the thermos while you have your coffe brewing.  I gone out to the truck the next morning and had my coffee still luke warm.  I love my thermos.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline Redbeard1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2006, 08:55 PM »
My thermos of choice is made by Avery outdoors.  I bought it from Cabela's, and it has a neoprene case on it.  It out performs all the ones that I have personally used and that includes Stanley.  I have poured a 3rd hot cup of coffee at 3 in the afternoon  from a pot I made at 7am.   I have poured 'drinkably hot' coffee out the next morning if I have neglected to drink the day before.(during the summer)  THE Best - IMO
PATRICK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.