Author Topic: Lake Nipissing Ice Conditions  (Read 12108 times)

Offline AbelFishingINC

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Nipissing Ice Conditions
« on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:04 PM »
Does anyone have an recent reports for ice conditions / fishing reports for Lake Nipissing. Coming up from NY for the 1st time Feb 6-12.

Offline marapoint

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Ni**censored**ing Ice Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Hey Abel

Not sure where your heading or what part of the Lake your fishing but try this:

http://www.lakenipissing.org/

marapoint

"Is anybody alive out there"
The Boss, Bruce Springsteen

Offline marapoint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Abel

Apologies - meant to add but timed out - register and I'm sure you'll get an answer. Callander Bay area had upward of 14" in spots - but that's from other's - whom I would take with a grain of salt.

marapoint

Offline AbelFishingINC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 07:07 PM »
Thanks for the info. We are going to be staying on the ice on callendar bay in one of the glen echo shantys. Any advice for places to fish on the lake. Really hoping to get into some big walleye.

Offline beazle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2010, 05:52 AM »
Well good luck on the Wallies. Was just up there this past weekend for 2 and a half days. 24 inches of ice, slow fishing but did get 1 walleye.

Offline stoph

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2010, 08:57 AM »
marapoint the best advice i can give you to actually get into any serious fish there is to spend as much time as poss away from the shanty town! we went last yr for my 30th b-day, used a different outfitter but also in callender bay. We were 8 people in one bungalow, there were maybe 10-12 other bungalows of a similar size in our area, so lets say 100 people, 3 days, lots of beer, stereo's on etc. Not one walley was caught in that area, in fact hardly anything was! (if you were a fish would you stay around there?) i was the only person in 3 days (and we talked to everyone, maybe some lied, i dunno?) to catch any wally's and i only got 2! we drove over the ice a long way to find some peace and where we found quiet we found fish....not until the last evening tho (we had no elecronics).
 If your going with people who actually wanna fish and are mobile you'll do well. If your buds just wanna get loaded like mine did and stay in the hut then good luck!

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2010, 09:04 AM »
soo...
why is the middle of the lake name    **censored** ??
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2010, 11:49 AM »
The lakes name is N i p p i s s i n g and if you spell it without the spaces, some believe it refers to Japanese and also to the act of urinating.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2010, 11:52 AM »
We were up there last weekend and fished out of Idle Tyme huts, had a great time, a few walleye, herring and a major pile of jumbo perch.  This area is on the south side just where Callander Bay opens into the main lake.

Offline marapoint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Abel
Best of Luck when your up there.
If I were travellin that far I'd make sure to bring a decent flasher or finder.
Also Greening has a daily blog to access into for up to date fishing news in the Callender Bay area - daily.
Here's the link:

http://www.greeningbay.com/news.phtml

Tight Lines

marapoint

Offline magnumguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2010, 02:50 PM »
I should have been on Callender bay this weekend until tomorrow but got real sick so Doc would not let me go, " The Boys " just called and no fish anywhere in the camp not even a sign of any on  the electronics, a good 14 inches of ice. M
Magnum

Offline drunkin irishman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:00 AM »
I was out on N i p p i s s i n g over the weekend with friends and we caught about 30 (keeper) perch, 2 Ling and one Walleye.  Not that bad for a weekend.  Unfortunately the Walleye seem to have dwindled a lot over the years in the lake.  Catching one or two a day is a good day now.  This isn't in Callander bay mind you, we are out toward the Manitou Islands more. 

Offline firstfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love it when I can walk on water!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2010, 06:05 AM »
Hey Abel, we were up at Greening Bay Cottages (fantastic spot) two weeks ago and caught lots of perch and 1 walleye, 1 pike, 1 whitefish pictures are on the Greening Bay Cottages website (Genzlers Group).  We will be at Glen Echo this weekend staying on shore for accomodations.  Lots of ice 18" plus...good luck to ya. ;D

Offline AbelFishingINC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Just got back. One one walleye, 2 northerns, a herring and 10 pounds of perch filets. Hoped for more walleye but wrong time of year I suppose. Caught most of our fish in the perch flats between sunset point and the manitou islands. Glen Echo Cottages was a great place to stay. Drove all around the lake with 18-24" in most spots

Offline firstfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love it when I can walk on water!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2010, 06:16 AM »
Well what a weekend on Nippissing...1 Walleye, 5 Perch, 1 whitefish, 2 mudpuppys and lot of dink perch.  Accommodations at Glen Echo were great, they couldn't do enough for us. Others around us were not as lucky, two with food poisoning and one with a death in the Family (our condolances).  We will be back next year to catch the one that got off. ;D

Offline oneBIGtoe

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Nipissing Ice Conditions
« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:57 AM »
I think this is a great feature, would be nice if someone was able to update for this season.

Offline oneBIGtoe

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Nipissing Ice Conditions
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Oops, I thought this was in the conditions section...  wrong thread. ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.