Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631358 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #21690 on: Dec 05, 2020, 12:12 PM »
Good afternoon ER's!!I hope this finds everyone in good health and good spirits!! We received about 3" of snow earlier in the week and it's mostly melted now. It was pretty for awhile, but then it warmed up and got ugly!!  ;) Getting ready for Christmas is later this year than normal, due to a lot of family issues that needed tending to! I hope everyone stays safe, stays healthy, and STFAH!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21691 on: Dec 05, 2020, 02:35 PM »
Drifter.....that's quite a plane load  :o  :pinch:  hopefully what " they " say about planes being pretty low risk is true  :unsure:  safe travels sir

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21692 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:20 PM »
Is Marv, at the shack ?  dragging a buck maybe ?
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21693 on: Dec 06, 2020, 04:57 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

29 heading to 40 by afternoon, the warm up is coming.

Bud the hunting is done for the season, waiting on some ice for pike hunting but it looks like it will be awhile :%$#!:

Eddie looking forward to your report today. Best of luck if hunting :thumbsup:

Dave hope your trip is uneventful :thumbsup:

Best of luck to all the 9:45'ers hitting the woods today :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My wife got the tree up yesterday. I always like waking up to the smell of pine

Yesterday I asked the s-i-l if she was up for some tree work ??? I could tell she wasn't real enthused. She was wondering where, when I told her at her house she got pretty excited. She had 4 medium to bigger oaks that got the wilt and had been waiting since October for me to take care of them. With the warm weather I decide befor doing any other tree work I best get hers out of the way. I figure I will have a good 2 more days between getting them down, brush chipped, and wood hauled home. I have no intentions of splitting it now, but the way the weather has been who knows.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay sfe and healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #21694 on: Dec 06, 2020, 05:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Winds are cranking here this am 20-30mph, 21* as I type with a high of 28 today. Going to take a pass on this morning’s hunt, maybe things will calm down some for an afternoon hunt.

Bud...thought I heard it mentioned by either the CDC or DOH that they now recommended at least a 7 day quarantine instead of 14?  Hard to keep up with the ever changing guidelines...better safe than sorry, 14 days would be my choice. Have you taken the MH out for a short cruise yet?
  H2/Jeff...wishing you both luck with today’s hunting, hope you can fill out those tags by the closing bell!!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...wow, looks like every seat taken! More people on that plane crunched together than they allowed at church services and restaurants here!  :cookoo: Hope your flight went well, looking forward to your post’s again soon!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks for the info on the Golden’s, I did a little research as well but couldn’t find anything on DEC releasing any either. Wondering if someone in the area perhaps raised them and had some escape possibly?
  I-45...hope the snow stayed on the lower side of 10” yesterday, be careful if you’re considering shoveling!   :thumbsup:   We got lucky and missed the edge of that storm, just a dusting here.
  Wally...the tree hunting went well, found one we all agreed upon in less than 20 minutes...the weather helped, snow showers!  ;D    Best of luck to Mr.WW with today’s hunting!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...good luck with the tree job, will your SIL be giving you a hand with that one?  :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the kind words concerning my Mom, test came back negative, so thankful for that!   :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Will swing back in after this computer charges up some...almost out of juice!  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Morning Marv, see you posted while I was pecking away....the tree looks beautiful!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21695 on: Dec 06, 2020, 07:42 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....funny how the chilly air makes ALL trees look like keepers  :roflmao:  good luck this afternoon if you head out  ;)

WS.....like waking up in a tent in the woods  :thumbsup:  the weather sounds perfect for tree work  :flex:

IFF....hook that boat up and go chase some eyes, as long as you aren't stopping anywhere or taking someone with it's no different than sitting in your house  :whistle:  besides fresh air is good for you  ;D

IF45.....how much snow did you end up with  ???  my son's area near the coast only had rain and WIND  :o 

IW/H2L.....fingers crossed guys  ;)2

The town is having their tree lighting tonight, usually the school choir sings carols, there's hot chocolate, Santa & Mrs Clause ride in on a fire truck and the kids party follows. No choir, no Santa, no party this year.....anyone that attends must stay in their cars, tree is plugged in, end of story  :'( :'(

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21696 on: Dec 06, 2020, 11:09 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes on the hunting. It worked, the white pine I was setting under this morning didn't blow over. 17*, 20 mph winds made it "cold" to say the least. I sat for 3 hours, no deer. Saw a total of 13 deer all season. Two years in a row not seeing a buck. All in all I enjoyed getting out into the woods for another season.
Back to bowling tonight. Will see how the 2 weeks off worked.
Stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21697 on: Dec 06, 2020, 12:05 PM »
Good Late Morning ER's went by the lake today 50-75 people out there one was way out there looks like this ice is here to stay rigged up one more rod with the smallest slender spoon in copper with red accent.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21698 on: Dec 06, 2020, 12:10 PM »
OG, that could work good, that many out would think someone would locate some players.  Good luck, fish for supper right ?

WW nice idea except for one thing, boat ramps are closed,  closest one open is 100 miles south.

Still got lots of should do's on the list,  but have thought of a backpac, one rod and hop on the electric bike, for the 4.5 mile ride to some open water, while its still hitting 60*
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21699 on: Dec 06, 2020, 12:16 PM »
Bud I'll wait for weekdays it's starting to look like the zoo at Brittingham bay hope your doing well

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21700 on: Dec 06, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Good day sunny but windy here flag a the local firehouse flapping away with the leaves off trees I can now see this flag . I see Corona virus numbers keep going up here in NY. so to my fellow New Yorkers practice the safety measures when outside your homes.
Drifter hope the trip home was problem free may you not see any problems from being in a crowded airplane.
IFF good to hear you are feeling well, best to you with any fishing trip. I guess some of the higher elevation lakes with early ice might loose some with the coming warm weather.
OldSailor I still have to get my small ceramic Christmas tree out of storage. You and the family stay healthy.
Whopper Stopper your wife did a nice job decorating your tree. May all go well with the tree work at your SIL's home.
Eddie I have the same thoughts about the pheasant Ice Wanderer saw while hunting. IF you get out hunting this afternoon may the wind and cooler temperature not have the deer hunkered down. Falling snow and winds will speed up one's Christmas tree selection.
Wallyworld the virus is changing many holiday celebrations, thought maybe some towns would do a drive-thru meet and get goodie bag from Santa and Mr.s Claus . I have to see if one local business is having it's Christmas on the farm celebration this year.
Hunts2long best to you and your teammates tonight at the bowling alley. May everyone not see any Covid-19 problems down the road. Sorry you did not get a chance to harvest abuck hopefully your brother and nephew will share some of their venison.
Old Goat Looks like the 2020-2021 ice fishing season has begun in your area. Smart idea to fish during the week and avoid the weekend crowds.
Ice Wander best to you if hunting today.
Icefisher-45 and WarBonnet may you not have received to many inches of snow pace your selves with the shoveling.

Have a safe and good Sunday.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21701 on: Dec 06, 2020, 04:03 PM »
Got out seen on some ice was nice to break the gear out again. Even seen a side by side out on the ice only about 4 to 6 inches and just out from where we were fishing a warm springs in the lake still had some water boiling up and the geese were happy to land and get some water.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21702 on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  24*, winds at 17-20 this am, high of 29 here today..

FH4... thanks for sharing the pictures and congratulations on a successful first trip, awesome job!   :clap:    :icefish:
  Steve...my heart said go, but just couldn’t muster up the drive getting pounded by those winds, lol. I ended up taking a pass on the hunting and just took it easy yesterday. Still have another week left here in the southern zone and muzzle season, so have some time left.  :thumbsup:
  Bud...the bike trip sounds like a great way to go!  :thumbsup:  How far can you go on a fully charged battery?
  OG...good luck with the fishing today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  H2...sorry it didn’t pan out for you this season, wish I had your drive yesterday! Hope the lanes were good to you last evening!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...feel your pain with all the nice things for the community that didn’t happen this year, that just sucks! Hopefully that will be the last time it happens.  :-\
  Marv...hope all goes well with the tree job today, careful with the saws!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...waiting to hear if you knocked one down yesterday! Good luck with muzzle season!   :thumbsup:

Will have to see what management suggests we do today concerning the marble. Putting up an enclosure to heat with these winds doesn’t seem like a good idea...but that’s just my opinion, lol.  Bringing extra clothes just in case...Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21703 on: Dec 07, 2020, 05:12 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 17* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie.......These winds have been grueling the last couple of days. :o I hope they have something planned for inside, stay warm. :flex:
                         FH4.........Congratula tions on the first trip, I'm jealous. :clap:
                         H2l..........I'm sorry to read that your efforts didn't get you a deer. :(
                         Marv........That was a good thing you did for Jen, I bet she had smiles ear to ear. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                         Wally........We are all feeling the absentness of community events, the virus sure has put a damper on everything. >:( :%$#!: :cookoo:
                         OG..........The ice should be good for you to head out, good luck if you do. :flex:
                         I didn't post the last two day, I left the house early to hunt but with my efforts I came up empty, I do have one more week of black powder
                to go. A friend wants to hook up he knowsa place where we can hunt in the zone that is open across the Hudson river.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21704 on: Dec 07, 2020, 05:18 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

32 heading into the upper 30's later on today. Wednesday some could see 50 ???

Eddie hope you and the crew have  good week, hope the "Super Powers" can come up with a good game plan :thumbsup:

IW best of luck if hunting today :thumbsup: I see you posted when I did. Hope there is a big one waiting for you when you get to the new spot :thumbsup:

WW Lots of appointments everywhere this year :%$#!: We can only hope 2021 is better :thumbsup:

FH4.......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Today I am back to my tree job. I have about 10 blocks to load and then the first 2 trees will be totally done, leaving me with 1 bigger tree left. With any luck I should be able to have the job wrapped up by Wednesday. I also have another job to look at later this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day, best of luck to everyone hitting the woods :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21705 on: Dec 07, 2020, 06:53 AM »
20* and no wind.
IW, good luck with the MZ season. I miss having the area I hunt closed but it does save a lot of deer.
Eddie, you still have some time down your way. One of the guys at bowling got a nice 10 pt opening day of gun with a the bow. He had passed a 50yd shot the morning before so wanted it with the bow. It scored 163. He is only hunting on 15 acres of land.
I bowled pretty good but we lost all 4 points. Lost the last game by 1 pin. Guy on the lanes next to us rolled a 300, his first. He had a 299 a couple weeks ago.
Seems strange  not being in the woods.
F/H4, glad you are getting on the ice. It will be awhile before there is any ice here. I don't ice fish much any more.
WS, be careful in those trees.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21706 on: Dec 07, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....sorry your season ended w/o a shot  :(  altho time spent in the woods or on the water is always a good thing even if you go home empty handed  ;)2  hope the bowling went well last night  :)

IFF.....well did you take your own advice and get on that bike and do some shore casting  ???  see above regarding time spent in nature  ;D

WS.....hope the remainder of your s-i-l's tree job goes smooth as silk  :flex: she'll have to make you a pie when all's said and done  :whistle:

IW.....hope the new spot your friend has produces some opportunities for both of you  @)

Eddie.....not a breeze blowing here this morning for a change  :blink:  hope your coworkers think to bring warm duds too  :unsure:

FH4......congrats on a nice pile of fish  :thumbsup:  must say I'm a bit jealous  :-[

OG.....hope you shake the skunk next outing  :icefish:

MrC......I have a little fiber optic table top tree here, can't see going any different as we're never home for Christmas eve, or Christmas day anyway  ;)

Tried something new yesterday, made a batch of cider donuts

they aren't bad, just not as good as I had hoped   ::) 

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21707 on: Dec 07, 2020, 07:03 AM »
Tried something new yesterday, made a batch of cider donuts

WW, those donuts look awesome, but they don't really look too healthy.  Just sayin... ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21708 on: Dec 07, 2020, 07:56 AM »
Eddie:  Its a 24 volt motor, advertised range is 25 miles, albeit it does feature a peddle assist.  Takes about 1.5 to fully charge.

WW no, on the bike ride. 

Today December 7th for me a day to remember.  Not only the attack on Pearl Harbor, that took a cousin, but the loose of my Oldest Sister. :(  Had to walk away from a neighbor that was echoing the proof less claims about the election.  Wonder when I will get the next snow.  ???

The renter should show up today so I can show him a few things, and help me stowaway boxes and things that can be put away.  Another 60* day on tap.  Believe that skim ice is now gone from the home lake.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21709 on: Dec 07, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Good morning blue sky with 5-10 mph wind near thirty outside with today's high temperature forecast to be thirty nine.I did a search this morning to see if a local nursery and landscape supply business was having it's Christmas on the Farm display this year found out it is canceled due to Corona virus. This business used to be part of the Agway chain Ice Wanderer's pat time neighbor's father or grand father owned the business. I need to do more searching to see when they started the Christmas on the farm displays one of the attractions is a talking egg named Eggbert.  Looking at the business's website found out they have a Christmas themed item section in their store which sells different items with Eggbert's image  going to pickup this year's ornament a a gift for my sister.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations on a good first ice fishing trip of the season. :clap: :thumbsup:
Eddie may the bosses have an inside job for all of you today and let you erect a protective shelter for the marble when there is less wind. Smart move bringing the extra clothing.
Ice Wanderer may the new hunting area be productive best to you and your friend with the muzzle loaders.
Hunts2long happy for you the bowling league is back,may your team have a better outing next week.
Wallyworld my little ceramic tree belonged to my maternal grandmother so it has sentimental value to me. Keep making the doughnuts and you will perfect the recipe. If you feel the need for a test group think I know a bunch of willing people you can ship samples to to get reviews. ::) :whistle:
Gunflint welcome to the thread. Enjoy reading your posts on other topics found on this website thank you for sharing your opinions and ice fishing experiences. Have a good Holiday and ice fishing season.
IFF may you have good memories of your sister and cousin. One of my sister's friends is still waiting for trump to be declared the winner of the election after vote recount and electoral college vote.

Have a good Monday.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21710 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:37 AM »
WW, those donuts look awesome, but they don't really look too healthy.  Just sayin... ;D
Thanks   :)   They're made with white whole wheat flour, does that count as kinda healthy  ???   :woot:

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21711 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:40 AM »
Thanks   :)   They're made with white whole wheat flour, does that count as kinda healthy  ???   :woot:

At least it must count as "Less Unhealthy" or plausibly "Healthier."
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21712 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:41 AM »
 :bow:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #21713 on: Dec 07, 2020, 12:42 PM »
And the hole in the middle makes it a diet donut in my book!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21714 on: Dec 07, 2020, 01:04 PM »
And the hole in the middle makes it a diet donut in my book!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle:

After a few stents, I now only eat the holes.. ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21715 on: Dec 07, 2020, 03:53 PM »

Looks good enough for me to eat

Right now trying to get an old printer installed on my laptop.....What a PITA  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21716 on: Dec 08, 2020, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  22* with light wind this am, high of 29 today.   

Late on the rise this morning, one of those days it would have been easy to just sleep in.  Had a coworker call in sick yesterday, apparently his wife had been sick last week and tested positive for Covid on Friday.  His test results were due yesterday, although I didn’t receive any info regarding that last evening. Will find out more on that this am...yikes!
  We got the day in laying marble yesterday, back at it again today.  Will catch up with everyone this afternoon....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21717 on: Dec 08, 2020, 04:07 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 21* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                        Eddie.......I hope your coworker hasn't passed the virus around, this is a crazy time for everyone. Be safe my friend. :flex:
                        Steve.....  It was my part time neighbors father that owned the nursery. I'm not sure when Eggbert made it's first appearance? ???
                        Wally........Those donuts look delicious, but like OS not in my diet, I'll take a hole. :thumbsup: :roflmao:
                        Marv.........I hope the tree work at Jen's is going as per schedule. :unsure: :flex: :clap:
                        H2l...........I'm sorry to hear that your team didn't take any games, maybe next week will be better. :unsure:
                        We didn't hunt yesterday, I had to make a repair on the front sight of my smoke pole, we're headed out this morning.
                        I hope everyone has aq good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW
                      Steve here is Eggbert with my part time neighbors.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21718 on: Dec 08, 2020, 04:55 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Eddie prayers sent that you or any of the crew didn't come in contact with the virus.

IW, Best of luck in the woods :thumbsup:

WW Glad to read you used healthy flour :clap:

h2l better luck bowling next week :thumbsup:

I lost my first post so will keep this one short.

Yesterday was a heck of a day with my finishing the entire job ( Yes WW I feel it today ;D). It was just getting dark when I finally got home but it sure felt good to be done. I took some pictures but the cell phone doesn't do justice. I had to drop the last oak in between 2 of her prize apple trees :woot: I had to laugh at the look she gave me when I told her what I was going to do, but she went along with it. The apple trees are in their 4th season and she gets about 50 apples from each tree, the apples are delicious :thumbsup:

I have a job to check out this morning from a referral. I told the guy I would come and look but no promises.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21719 on: Dec 08, 2020, 05:19 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....fingers crossed your coworker's test is negative  :-\  guessing one or two positive cases will be shutting you down  :(

WS....sounds like you're a couple days ahead of schedule  :flex:  bet you slept good last night  :whistle:  hope youget the kinks worked out today  ;)2

IW.....good luck today  ;)

IFF....hope you got the printer hooked up  :-\

H2L....sorry the bowling didn't go so well  :(  you'll get back in the swing of things next time  :flex:

Gunflint.....close your eyes  :pinch:

made the cookies to send to a friend's special needs son, he looks forward to them every Christmas, nothing at all healthy in them  :woot:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.