Author Topic: would fish tv spook trout?  (Read 457 times)

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
would fish tv spook trout?
« on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Any one ever used there cam for finding trout? Would they spook fish ?  And lastly most of our lakes around here are stained would i be able to see far at all?  ???

Just being able to use it on our Clear lake and seeing damn fish would be nice. ( never caught a fish out of my own lake thru ice ::))

Offline pickledpike

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: would fish tv spook trout?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:50 PM »
I have caught trout while using one.  Never anything really big, but the lake isn't known for monsters.

Offline afishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: would fish tv spook trout?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:45 PM »
I have a Cabela's special 7" giant screen. It's been a lot of fun. I don't use it all the time, although I keep dragging it around everywhere. I have fished for a lot of trout with it and have had the occasion to catch them by watching the camera only. Watched them swim away with my bait and set the hook. My kind of video game. Several of the lakes have suckers in them, they love the camera and swim right up to it until all you can see is an eye or a giant sucker face. The kids love it, keep em busy while I try to get in some fishing time. Nice that you can see what type of fish they are. One of the multi-species lakes near by has trout, walleye, crappie, and wipers. The fish finders will register lots of fish, but the darn wipers won't take a bait, not even live minnows. Have fun. afishingfool

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.