Author Topic: Worst Ice Line  (Read 1659 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Worst Ice Line
« on: Oct 15, 2008, 10:13 PM »
I saw the fav ice line thread seemed to be taking off so what is everyones opinon on the worst ice lines on the market....here are my top 3

Trilene Ice...the blue kinky crap

PowerPro Ice...powerpro is my fav open water line, but the power blue line seems to get waterlogged and freeze easily

Berkley Vanish....again high memory, only to be used as a leader...

just one mans opinon

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Worst Ice Line
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2008, 08:34 AM »
I'd say the all time worst line I have ever used is Berkley Fireline. Fireline is nowhere near round, gets twisty very quickly and bites into the real super easy. Don't like it for open or hard water. Berkley Vanish is the next worse I've used, for leaders its OK at best. Vanish is wirey and chunks or frays easily when cinching down even a well lubed knot.

Offline Airs24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Defiantly the Blue Tirlene Ice...  I used this on one of my rods last year and it was Terrible.....

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2008, 12:40 PM »
I take it your talking about the bright blue "Cold Weather" trilene as a bad line.

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2008, 02:07 PM »
I thought I would man up and fork over so loot for the Trilene ice and man what a waste of money would have been better off with Kmart brand.....
;

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Hey I use K-mart brand on all my poles (not really, but I did when I first started... caught plenty of fish, but I've since grown up)

The absolute Worst line I've ever used is All the factory spooled line that comes pre-spooled on a lot of the rod/reel combos.  Even the more expensive ugly stick combo I got had horible factory line.  rip it all off from day 1 and you'll save yourself so much hassle.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Whatever the guys next to me are using, looks like frozen rope or stretched out Slinkies most or the time.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2008, 02:53 PM »
The absolute Worst line I've ever used is All the factory spooled line that comes pre-spooled on a lot of the rod/reel combos

agreed, I would perfer my reels to come empty as it saves me the time of having to remove all the crap line they spooled up

Offline ValleyStocker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Trout through the ice... now that's nice !!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Defiantly the Blue Tirlene Ice...  I used this on one of my rods last year and it was Terrible.....

same for me here!

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2008, 06:24 PM »
Power Pro Ice for me.  It kept getting tangled on my reels and it did not like the cold.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Vanish is my nemisis! >:(

I tried it once, shame on them!

Offline DanAKAL

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2008, 08:05 PM »
I have been watching this thread all day and have decided that maybe I'm not quite as dumb as I thought.  The last couple of years I have been using "Stren Original" and have no complaints.  I haven't gotten to fish as much as I would like so I don't have a great deal of experience with it yet.  It probably isn't the best but it seems to be working.

Dan
"Come With Me Little Girl On A Magic Carpet Ride"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.