Author Topic: Bought some Frost Ice line thought I had Fluro  (Read 814 times)

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bought some Frost Ice line thought I had Fluro
« on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:37 PM »
At Scheels and the fog set in when I was looking at line. I was talking to staff about the metered line and thought that might be cool to try. Got home and actually read the package and came home with mono metered. The package states orange above the hole with clear mono sections metered in. So I am guessing this is clear and orange sections

I really wanted Fluro and could take it back but was wondering what does everyone think of this in Mono

thanks for any thoughts - I need to slow down when I am looking

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Bought some Frost Ice line thought I had Fluro
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2019, 10:36 PM »
I heard and read that Sunline is the manufacture of the Clam Frost Ice line.  Sunline is known as a premium fishing line for bass anglers. 

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2019, 03:11 AM »
Yes the Frost line is made for Clam by Sunline out of Japan. I run nothing but the clear mono and have no issues with it. it has been a good line in my opinion. I don't remember the spacing off hand but any of the metered lines (mono or fluoro) will be so much clear then so much colored lined for the whole spool. I want to say it changes back and forth about every 18 to 24 inches but don't quote me on that.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline E Z turn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2019, 07:21 AM »
I use Sufix Advance Mono on some of my rods and also as leaders on Braid. Haven't seen any difference between this and Flouro except it is cheaper and I have it on hand.
Oops! is too late.

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I am after a line that will not spool off my reel. I have had some issues with Fluro in the past but also some success.

The line I have is orange and clear metered, any issues with the orange in the water ??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.