Author Topic: Worst purchase of the season  (Read 3045 times)

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Worst purchase of the season
« on: Feb 27, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Cabelas color panning underwater camera was a big mistake. Trading that puppy in on a marcum625

Offline jaysun23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Worst purchase of the season
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Mine was the "EasyBite"  Ice fishing bobber, but luckily I only lost $10 on the deal

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't sweat the small fish!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2011, 03:03 PM »
A pink pole for the gf...Always get funny looks when it's in the bucket

Offline Tipup Marathon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yay fishing
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2011, 03:55 PM »
A $35 spud bar.  Ended up on the bottom of the lake.

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2011, 07:00 PM »
My Marcum V620 camera, unfortunately. Works great, just doesn't work for the kind of fishing I do mostly, lake trout. The goal this year was "Catch Walleye", whatever it took! Haven't caught a one.....

BIGJim223

Offline Junior88

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Captain Insano Shows No Mercy !
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2011, 07:04 PM »
My worst purchase was my Cabelas Inferno boots. My old pac-boots are much warmer and more comfortable.

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2011, 07:05 PM »
6-pack of cheap beer ....  :P

ICE REBEL

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2011, 08:42 PM »
Never make bad purchases. I always research very very good before i buy cause i want the most for the money that i'm willing to pay.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2011, 09:02 PM »
3 day old sandwich that was stuck in the couch, it still hurts to breathe and type these words, I think I will order a tab by hitting the tab button on the keyboard.

Offline archer71xx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2011, 10:47 PM »
My worst was my lazer hand auger until i got new blades from the company, still wish i had went with the nils...maybe next year.

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2011, 10:56 PM »
coleman sportcat heater.... worthless compared to my little buddy heater.... 

Offline FondoFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2011, 12:46 AM »
10 bucks a dozen for "pike bait" that was 4 inches long

Offline Catfish78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2011, 06:55 AM »
None, as far as my wife knows.  ;)

Offline grumpyoldude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2011, 06:56 AM »
I think this is the worst purchase, but I my never know since I still have not received the order after 32 days. Stay away from these clowns:
Order confirmation from ProScandinavia.comOrder Date 1/27/2011 8:48:55 PM  :nono:

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2011, 08:31 AM »
A dozen walleye suckers from a small bait shop I tried, they were all dead by the time I got to the lake.  >:(

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:01 AM »
coleman sportcat heater.... worthless compared to my little buddy heater.... 
Coulda told you that... That thing is worthless except as a hand warmer.

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:03 AM »
My worst was my lazer hand auger until i got new blades from the company, still wish i had went with the nils...maybe next year.
x2....new blades helped, but mora was and will be again, just as good.  
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Although it wasn't this year (more like 15), I still can't help but think back to a particular engagement ring......... ::)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Hagigun

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "...It's the reckoning."
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Strikemaster Electra Auger.

First time out it drilled 8 holes and went dead. I did lots of research and most reviews claimed "10-15 holes and still going".

It worked, it was light, but did not do what i needed it to do. It was promtly returned and I upgraded to the Jiffy Pro4. Great decision. Heavier, but will cut all day (about 70 holes) on 1 can.
Why?
....Because I can't can't Golf with Ice on the lake!

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:40 PM »
I think this is the worst purchase, but I my never know since I still have not received the order after 32 days. Stay away from these clowns:
Order confirmation from ProScandinavia.comOrder Date 1/27/2011 8:48:55 PM  :nono:

Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive but that was before the season started. They do come from waters afar though so that always adds to shipping time.

Craig

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Order confirmation from ProScandinavia.comOrder Date 1/27/2011 8:48:55 PM  :nono:

I ordered twice from them this season, most recently the first week of February, and got both orders in under two weeks. Hope your order didn't get lost en route.

Offline grumpyoldude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2011, 05:02 PM »
OK an update is in order. I complained to ProScandinavia on my missing order, they responded by shipping me out a second order, and that only took 16 days to arrive. The first order is in the wind. So the ice (for me) didn't last, I let you know if their stuff attracts any fish. Sill the worst purchase of the year!  :tipup:

Offline KrappieKilla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2011, 01:43 PM »
Worst purchase I made was the Clam fan/light combo.  Complete piece of made in china junk.  Don't waste your money!  For an extra 15% increase in material costs they could have had a great product...instead they cheaped out and turned out a junk product.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2011, 03:01 PM »
I would say the easy bite indicator. I probably would not have bought it but I got it late in the season it was the only spring bobber Fleet Farm had left on the shelves. Luckily I kept the receipt and returned it.

Offline Ed D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2011, 04:39 PM »
i was the fish on this sale,but i bought a wrist saver rod combo 35.00 pesos,from hso of minn.had good reviews.bought it for tight spots in clam.junk,wouldn't give it to my biggest competitor in a big money derby.i didn't need a refund,just smashed it in a million made in china pieces.boxed it and sent it back with an att: Hu Jintao.Stay clear of new design crap

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2011, 07:24 PM »
OK an update is in order. I complained to ProScandinavia on my missing order, they responded by shipping me out a second order, and that only took 16 days to arrive. The first order is in the wind. So the ice (for me) didn't last, I let you know if their stuff attracts any fish. Sill the worst purchase of the year!  :tipup:

Maybe not the worst purchase of the season for me, but I did had about the same thing happened to me with my order from JB Lures directly.  I ordered in mid Dec.  Waited, waited, waited, because of all the bad snow storms we've been having, sent email but no response.  Finally in Feb got in contact with them, but was told to wait.  I waited, for another week and then called them back.  Finally got my order.  By then, I didn't even get around to using any of the lures, since my fishing season was kind of tough with all the snow storms.  So now, I'm going to have to wait till next season to use those lures.

It was nice that they finally delivered, but I still didn't like the fact that they sort of ignored my order situation, then told me to wait, after waiting for so long.  The worst thing about this was, I could've just drove down to the store and picked up the lures rather than trying to order direct before the season began.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Ed D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Maybe not the worst purchase of the season for me, but I did had about the same thing happened to me with my order from JB Lures directly.  I ordered in mid Dec.  Waited, waited, waited, because of all the bad snow storms we've been having, sent email but no response.  Finally in Feb got in contact with them, but was told to wait.  I waited, for another week and then called them back.  Finally got my order.  By then, I didn't even get around to using any of the lures, since my fishing season was kind of tough with all the snow storms.  So now, I'm going to have to wait till next season to use those lures.

It was nice that they finally delivered, but I still didn't like the fact that they sort of ignored my order situation, then told me to wait, after waiting for so long.  The worst thing about this was, I could've just drove down to the store and picked up the lures rather than trying to order direct before the season began.
it all sounds a little slippery to me.lol

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2011, 10:22 AM »
LOL's, I realy slipped up on that one transaction...I think they just forgot to send me my package.  ;D  Then forgot about it.  Hoping I'll forget about it.  Now if this can just be forgotten.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 27, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Never make bad purchases. I always research very very good before i buy cause i want the most for the money that i'm willing to pay.
Your lucky! I wish I had that kind of luck. I also try to research stuff too but usually I
follow CR and get get shafted.
Fish on!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #29 on: Mar 27, 2011, 05:59 PM »
hands down the new "cabelas panning cam".....bought two.....one for me, and one for my buddy.....
mine..... the camera simply gets no power from the baterry (yes i changed the fuse)....and my buddy's camera leaked water.........and when they die, the camera goes blue and the words "HAPPY FISHING" go across the screen..
               sent them back
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.