Author Topic: FISHIN TRIPS  (Read 1169 times)

Offline leavnsorlips

• Team IceShanty Addict
FISHIN TRIPS
« on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:31 AM »
 OK who's goin on fishin trips this year? i know everyone has a special place away from home where they can go and catch a certain species that is bigger, more abundant, or maybe not even present here in our home waters. i am leaving for alabama april 1st to fish weiss lake for crappies. it is an absolutely awesome time! this time of year they start movin in and we "shoot" docks with jigs. my personal best is 3 lbs she was 18in long and you could put a tennis ball in her mouth! lotsa fish around 2 lbs. but in any bait store you can see stringers full of 4 lbers gracing the walls. also for those of us who bass fish this lake is at the forefront of the coosa river system and you know what that means SPOTS and they're mean. well how bout you guys where ya headed this year?

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: FISHIN TRIPS
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:34 AM »
going to mexico in less than two weeks. Hope to catch my first sailfish and a jumbo cubera snapper.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline moonbeam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Canada for my "eye" fix! A week of eyes , beans, and beer. No TV or phones , just water, moose, bear and an "occasional" black fly.  (Accepting donations for fuel !!!!! )
WAIVER....."NO ANIMALS WERE ABUSED OR INJURED MAKING THIS MESSAGE."

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Detroit River April 12th and 13th, Gonna be hunting them big Eyes with The MWA group.
Tom

Offline chicagill35

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bottle Bass Guy
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:32 AM »
With gas at 4 bucks a gallon it looks like churubusco for me.
Jim

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:38 AM »
My trips are simple. Bass, Maxi, Pine, Eliza, Burce, Willow Slough, and lake Michigan. Have boat will travel, local only $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Maybe Erie.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:59 AM »
lake erie april 5th too.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Kentucky Lake!!! March 29th... CRAPPIE!!!! Need I say more....
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2008, 11:50 AM »
St Clair Smallies in the spring!!!!!!!!!!!!Absolutely unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icefish: :thumbsup: ;D

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Kentucky Lake!!! March 29th... CRAPPIE!!!! Need I say more....
Hope you are there at the right time. You will either catch a bunch or only a few. Go get them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.