Author Topic: Last Year's Icegator Questions  (Read 1105 times)

Offline ZRWHAT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Last Year's Icegator Questions
« on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:05 AM »
I am looking at picking up last years model of the Attacker.  A couple quick questions, could I convert to the new battery pack if I wanted to?  The batteries in this model are 9ah, and I believe there was a 12ah version for longer run-time?  But on Icegator's website all they show for the new model is 9ah batteries, not sure if they figured out the 12ah were overkill?  Final question is do I still need to buy the adapter to hook up my Lazer?  Thanks guys!

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Last Year's Icegator Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I can put the 12 amp batts on mine and its a couple years old. And yes you need an adaptor for any blade type you use.

Offline ZRWHAT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Got a deal on last years model at Bait & Hook and the adapter for the Lazer was already in the box :)  It's only got the 9ah batteries but should be good for the ice we normally have here in Indiana.

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Got a deal on last years model at Bait & Hook and the adapter for the Lazer was already in the box :)  It's only got the 9ah batteries but should be good for the ice we normally have here in Indiana.

I bought mine with the 9 amp but upgraded to the 12 amp the next year. I just keep the 9's charged and in the truck just in case.
In order for me to use the 12 amp I had to take out the center piece of plastic that separates the two 9 amp. out.

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:14 AM »
the new model only comes in 9 amp they say that it has a better drive unit so the 9 amp performs like the 12 amp did

Offline ZRWHAT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:35 AM »
Cut probably 15 holes last night with an 8" Lazer thru 8.5-9" of ice. It ran and cut great, never slowed and cut as fast or faster than the Lazer Mag we normally use.  Only complaint was the adapter shaft could have been keyed to the output shaft instead of just using the cap screw to connect the two.  The screw actually loosened after the first 5 or so holes, loctite should keep the screw from backing out.

Offline walt80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Cut probably 15 holes last night with an 8" Lazer thru 8.5-9" of ice. It ran and cut great, never slowed and cut as fast or faster than the Lazer Mag we normally use.  Only complaint was the adapter shaft could have been keyed to the output shaft instead of just using the cap screw to connect the two.  The screw actually loosened after the first 5 or so holes, loctite should keep the screw from backing out.
I agree with you on both counts.  I have the same set up.  We cut about the same number of holes and also noticed the screws were loose.  I did have a set of allen wrenches with me and tightened them up on two occasions.  I'm going to use some Loctite, and a strip of Gorilla tape around each screw.  If they loosen, they may not fall out.  That is if the tape holds due to the water.

Offline switch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Did they have many left at the Bait & Hook?  I'm thinking of going there tomorrow.  How good was the deal?

Offline Mixerfixer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:03 PM »
He bought the only one they had.

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2010, 01:04 AM »
when i first got mine the screw came lose the first day too, i put a small dab of the med. lock tight on it, hasn't come lose yet, wouldn't use the red or you may not get it off without breaking something.

Offline no bait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:06 PM »
ZRWHAT I LOVED that auger worked great!!!!!  Had a blast ---Also nice to meet you wax worm &  springbobber,hope things warmed up in the afternoon.... 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.