Author Topic: Battery Size for drill/auger combo  (Read 7269 times)

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
Re: Battery Size for drill/auger combo
« Reply #30 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:28 AM »
If I have to rely on a lifetime warranty I begin to question the quality of the product to begin with. No, Milwaukee doesn’t have a lifetime warranty and they won’t replace your batteries for free after years of use. From my experience, they don’t need to.  :tipup:

I don't believe that quote. I mean Swarovski, Vortex, and Nikon stuff all come with a lifetime warranty, and they don't build their stuff to break.
I think the lifetime warranty is a good asking point as most people will never wear their stuff out, but as an outdoorsman I'm very rough on stuff and want it for life. Everything I buy from hunting to fishing to home appliances I try to get a lifetime warranty on. Or the longest warranty possible. It's like having a life insurance policy. You don't get it hoping you will need it, you get it just in case.

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:34 AM »
If I was going to buy the Ridgid I would hold out for that deal to come back around with the 9 AH battery.  Otherwise buy the Milwaukee.
Just a follow-up to a previous post.  I received my 9 amp hour batteries and used one with my ridgid drill and nils 8" auger.  We drilled holes all day long, approximately 30 - 40 holes through 8" of ice and still had 3/4 charge remaining at the end of the day.  Personally, this is a great combination.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:30 PM »
Just a follow-up to a previous post.  I received my 9 amp hour batteries and used one with my ridgid drill and nils 8" auger.  We drilled holes all day long, approximately 30 - 40 holes through 8" of ice and still had 3/4 charge remaining at the end of the day.  Personally, this is a great combination.

Same here no problems from mine and my nils!! I think the guys that are having the problem are guys with k drill in the 8 inch and lasers in the 8 inch .  i think there drilling spearing sized amount of  holes? Like 5 to 10 holes non stop.   and drills over heating and shuts off to protect its self..  no biggie but what does that tell ya use a different auger bit and let it cool off better between holes! And get a gear box if you want to releave the pressure on the drill??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.