Author Topic: finding perch this time  (Read 1547 times)

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
finding perch this time
« on: Feb 22, 2011, 04:47 PM »
whats the best place in the lake to find perch this time of year

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: finding perch this time
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:42 AM »
I think they are starting to stage before dropping their eggs off soon, and we all know where they drop off their eggs, so start looking in that general area and if theres a drop off nearby by the weed bed, your golden

Offline VTSkeeter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2011, 08:29 PM »
That's what I'm thinking too.  I have been fishing several areas in 35-45 fow most of the winter with good luck nearly each time out.  We could find them most days with our electronics and then stay on them till 10am in the morning and then again a couple of hours before dark.  Now  I can't find them there.  We are not marking fish and we are covering a lot of ice.  I'm just curious if the normal seasonal movements of these fish is towards their spawning grounds or are they following bait.  Nearly all of the fish appear to be feeding on fresh water shrimp or a similar type aquatic life when we catch them.  What do the experts say about late winter perch fishing movements?

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Reeds and cattails midday/early afternoon (pre-spawn recon), putting on the feed bag on whatever's easy the rest of the time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.