Author Topic: Need alittle help...  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
Need alittle help...
« on: Jan 30, 2011, 06:08 AM »
Been on this lake and have set up around the same spot a couple times and have got into perch there but my problem is they are all small...lost a nice one at the hole but for the most part they are all small, fishing in about 13' of water. need suggestions on what to do to get bigger fish.... move to deeper water?  drill more holes (more then what i allready have) just wondering what you perch gods have to say....LOL...

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Need alittle help...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:16 AM »
Perch of a given size do tend to move around together. Not knowing the lakes contours and overall makeup, the next deepest flat is worth a substantial look

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2011, 12:47 PM »
I've always found that are usually bigger fish nearby. just make smaller moves if that doesn't work after a few times. make bigger moves.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Using fatheads over jigs with spikes or the like can sometimes weed out the smaller ones. Also stirring up the bottom with a big jig or sinker can draw the attention of all the fish in the area, increasing your chances of some hogs coming up...
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.