Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: IGL fishing currently  (Read 1166 times)

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
IGL fishing currently
« on: Sep 28, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Anyone here been out on the IGL's recently?   I heard they were on...and then off.  Sounds like they must have turned over the past week or so.   Any reports would be greatly appreciated.  Going up next weekend for a couple days.  Thanks in advance for any reports.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: IGL fishing currently
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2011, 06:19 PM »
They have been getting some nice perch off Stoney.  16-20fow My last trip we caught some nice slots trolling off buffalo run 18 fow or so #4 salmos on lead.  Good luck and FISH ON!!

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2011, 11:28 AM »
NICE!  GOT LEAD...GOT SALMO'S.    Hard to put away my Flicker Shad though...for whatever reason...I have been tearing up fish with those lately.  But the Salmos have a nice fall-style rocking that's hard to beat.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:01 PM »
yeah Flickers rock 2.  The crome clown has been great on Clear Lake!

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2011, 09:43 AM »
That is so weird.  My brother just sent me a link to your guide site.  You hiring?  :-)

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2011, 09:10 PM »
No but if you ever have any questions please feel free to ask~~  I'll be posting reports on my site when I can.   Did you make it to the IGLs this last weekend? 

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:47 AM »
We made it....no boat though.  Winds were high and rain in the forecast.  Dock spit out some fish...lots of small ones though.  Some eyes, gills, bass (all of them)....even some sheephead which ended up being nice breaks from the 5" gills.  Perch were healthy but sparce....maybe 6 or 7  in 8 hours down there.  Smallies and LM were hitting hard surface poppers.  Good times....just not for the plate. 

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Can't wait to fish there this winter!

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Sounds good hawk.  They have been getting a pile of Yellows in East.  Fish the north end off the docks and you should have some luck.  They are a hoot to catch.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2011, 12:15 PM »
YEAH...I waded a few weeks ago at the spillway. It was hilarious.  Some non-english speaking folks were fishing the yellows and I saw a guy toss a largemouth in the basket...maybe a9"er.   So I said "Son...you can't keep that one...it's a largemouth"   So the old man comes over (less english than the son) and I pointed at it and said again...you can't keep that kind of fish unless they are bigger...using hand gestures.  he points at the bass and says "Dat???"  and I said "yes".  he says "Dat one??  Dat Walleye...no limit"  So I told him I guess "dat walleye" forgot to put in his dentures.  My dad was laughing his __ss off. 

hope the DNR makes at least an effort to curtail some of that.  Pretty funny though.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2011, 12:44 PM »
thats some funny stuff!!!  LMAO ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.