Author Topic: Tackle Bag, any Suggestions?  (Read 1639 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Tackle Bag, any Suggestions?
« on: Dec 15, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Like most of you I use plano's and fly boxes to hold all my jigs and spoons, but Im looking for a tackle bag to load everything up in. I have a few BPS ones that I use all summer and would like one that will only see time on the ice.

It needs a rubber base for sure, sitting in snow and ice all day will soak my gear.... Any suggestions? what is everyone esle using?

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tackle Bag, any Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Ice-When I get home I'll post a pic of the one that I use. Just big enough to hold all my stuff and small enough not to be a pain in the ass to carry around.

If you can find the tackle box thread from a couple of weeks ago there is a pic of the bag that all my stuff goes in.

here is a link to that thread. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=109076.0

J-

Offline fishermanna82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2010, 03:56 PM »
i do not know of one with a rubber base. if you can not find one with a rubber base you could always just buy a normal one and put a plastic bag in side it or get a plastic or rubber fitting for it.

Offline wiskeyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG!"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:05 PM »
Hey Junky, the Princess auto across from Costco has Strikmaster bags for $29.99. on side has a pocket for 1lb propane tank. dunno if it's what you are looking for. Also GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:08 PM »
Why not use one of the "modular" stackable round tackle boxes designed to store in a 5 gal bucket?

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Ice-When I get home I'll post a pic of the one that I use

thanx JJC115, i actually have that bag laoded up with my spring crappie gear, I was thinking about using it this season.

Hey Junky, the Princess auto across from Costco has Strikmaster bags for $29.99

Cool, i will head over there tonight to take a peek

Why not use one of the "modular" stackable round tackle boxes designed to store in a 5 gal bucket?

Nothing against them, just not my thing, I dont always carry a bucket with me, but I always carry a tackle bag

Offline wiskeyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG!"

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Hey Whiskey, i checked it out, it is not the same one as in your link, it is ahlf the size of that one. It looks like it would be good for storage or a coller bag, but not for a tackle bag

Offline gmoney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Icejunky,

why do you take so much tackle with you onto the ice? You can't possibly need it all every time you go out.
I just use a flambeau hard plastic tackle box that opens on both sides. (http://fishing.flambeauoutdoors.com/otdrs_fishing/tackle_boxes/satchel_series.asp)Enough room for what I bring and water isn't an issue

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:00 PM »
why do you take so much tackle with you onto the ice? You can't possibly need it all every time you go out.

Agreed, I dont need it all, thats why I have it seperated into smaller plano boxes by species really. So by having a tackle bag I can easily throw in the plano or fly boxes that I need for a particular trip. if I used a larger box from your link I would be constantly switching in and out tackle

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:01 PM »
The new Ice Armor bag, will hold your vex as well as alot of tackle. Saw one in person, its a great idea .

Offline strik

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:00 PM »
hey that strike master  bag looks good  anyone ever use one like that?
Did someone say they are in Ontario?
Thanks

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:17 PM »
Iam using one of the Flambeau Kwikdraw soft packs.. I think it has plenty of storage for tackle 2 large trays and 1 smaller one for tipup tackle and room in the back for a jig box...

http://fishing.flambeauoutdoors.com/otdrs_fishing/flambeau_ice/accessories.asp

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:03 AM »
Did someone say they are in Ontario?

Yes, we thought so, but it turns out it is this one, that can be found at Princess auto in Kingston,

http://www.strikemaster.com/store/icefish_accessories/gearbag.html

Offline canfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2010, 04:44 PM »
The "Flambeau ICE" stuff looks great!! Everyone should take a look at it. I like the Hi Vis Green so you don't leave anything behind on the ice!

Offline gulp

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Ice check out this bag. I have been using one for years now and it works out well. boxes are lg and I have extra boxes. When I get ready to go I load it up with what I will need for the day. Hope this helps.  Cabelas Pro Guide 3700 Tackle Bag with boxes.
Take a kid fishing,they make great pack mules.
Put the big ones back for another day eat the small ones.

Offline MaxAntonious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2010, 12:06 PM »
I have a small tackle box that I use to hold larger things like pliers, forceps,  gulp jars and the like.  I also have small jig boxes, small radio, extra batteries, mini fan, hand warmers, and some other gear that I don't really want to just pile at the bottom of a bucket.

I have an old soft sided collapsible cooler that is about 18" square, has a strap and one of those can doors on top.  I bought it at Sams Club a while back for less than 30 bucks. Now it has a liner leak someplace and I don't want to use it for liquids anymore but all my stuff fits in it great!  and it doesn't slide all over my sled or tip over.  Also it's really easy to just bungee to the quad.
Fish Hard or Go Home

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Not really what you might be looking for, but I use a backpack. Has enough compartments in it to hold all of my jig boxes plus room for extra gloves, a thermos or two, GPS, camera, can even strap on a small folding chair,...you name it. I just throw it in the sled. Also makes it handy if I want to travel light or out on thin ice and don't want to take a sled. I just grab the bag out of the vehicle and off I go.

If I am fishing with tip-ups the backpack holds all my tackle plus other gear and I just keep the tip-ups in a duffle bag. All of which makes for light weight traveling if needed.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline MaxAntonious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 PM »
The new Ice Armor bag, will hold your vex as well as alot of tackle. Saw one in person, its a great idea .

I almost bought one of those then realized something, I'm not all that swift.    :-\

I have a Marcum so it has that little arm to hold the transducer.  It works just fine, but if I leave it in the case as the case is designed, then that means all my little tackle things are in pockets right next to the big mean hole.  I somehow managed to drop my scooper down the hole from 3 feet away, I can just imagine how much of my gear I would drop down the hole just getting it out or back into the case, lol.  :P
Fish Hard or Go Home

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:35 PM »
this may sound odd but have your ever though or tried using one of those soft sided coolers. Use them when we got to nascar races some of them have little velcro trap doors that flip open so you dont have to unzip them to access whats inside. as well as elastic webbin on that that you can tuck pack things in and keep them tight to the cooler.  Then maybe spray it with a heavy dose of camp dry or a silicon based water proofing product could work pretty good.  Tackle and beers in one bag good to go.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:59 PM »
I went to my thrift store and found a maternity bag backpack style.  Perfect for ice tackle. It doesn't collect slush and fully waterproof. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.