Author Topic: LOWRANCE ELITE ICE MACHINE  (Read 1327 times)

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
LOWRANCE ELITE ICE MACHINE
« on: Mar 25, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Hey guys just wondering how people do for batteries on these things..i SWEAR i get 2 days of fishing on my kayak with my lowrance elite 3x. only difference is winter time i use the ice ducer and graph mode, and i only get a few hours tops out of it. Does anyone know if the ice ducer/ mode uses much more energy? i believe i have one 5amp battery and one 7 and they both suck. Anyone have experience with battery life with this unit?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: LOWRANCE ELITE ICE MACHINE
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2019, 10:50 AM »
I would get the 9AH battery.
<===Lefty===

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:33 AM »
I would get the 9AH battery.
is this from experience?
I know that the easy answer

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:36 AM »
I have a Lowrance X67C (I know it's different than yours but similar) and have used it for ice and open water using the different transducers and didn't notice that it used the battery any faster on ice.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:53 AM »
From personal experience, I never used anything less than a 9ah. Get close to the same run time with either transducer. Maybe a little less in really cold temps!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2019, 02:51 PM »
I run an Elite 5HDI with a 7ah battery and have run it for 12+ hours without it dying on me.  My battery is 5 years old at this point as well.  I use a Battery Tender Jr. to charge it, and top it off maybe three times in the off season.

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2019, 08:47 PM »
I run a elite 7 ti, if I'm outside with it on full brightness, I'll use an amp per hour, but inside the shack in the dark, I can get 12 hours out of a 7 amp hour gel battery. It may be your batteries as well, as I have one 8 amp hour that I get 2 hours out of on the ice after not charging it for 9 months or so.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2019, 07:43 AM »
The transducer is not the only different, batteries don’t like the cold. The only way you’ll have the same runtime with the different temps is if you went with a bigger battery or with lithium.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2019, 10:23 AM »
The transducer is not the only different, batteries don’t like the cold. The only way you’ll have the same runtime with the different temps is if you went with a bigger battery or with lithium.
That much I figured. but 2 or 3 hours.. seems wrong. that's why I was asking what everyone else is getting..batteries are cheap. not a big deal just figures I would ask

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2019, 03:10 PM »
Sorry you are not getting an easy answer. Sadly all the folks who take the time to answer are telling you what they know of. My suggestion would be call the tech support and ask them if there is a different power draw between the different transducers. Maybe ask them what the best amp hour batter is best for the applications you are using your unit for. Up to you though.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2019, 03:43 PM »
I run my lowrance 3x on my boat in the fall and get days running it off a 9ah battery.its plenty cold out when im fishing fall/winter steelhead.low 30s.cant see the ice ducer using any different amount of juice..

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Yeah, you should be getting a lot more out of it. You might have something running in the background that is sucking power. Check your settings. Or as suggested, call tech support.

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Maybe a cell went bad in the battery. Transducers just transmit the output power from the unit. They don’t draw the power.
What colour are you using?

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Thank you for everyones help. I will be getting a new battery for this season and see how it goes!

Offline Icefishingute

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Apr 06, 2019, 11:39 PM »
I run an Elite 5 w/gps. Full brightness. Used the battery that came with it the first 4 years, charging with the supplied charger. Never ran out of juice- meaning no less than 10 hours. My last trip with that battery it quit at about 10 1/2 hours. I replaced it with the group buy energized lithium for this past season. Yes, there is something not right with yours. I don’t know of a setting you can leave running that I am not, I even leave my gps on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.