The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: ice kicker 1  (auger adapter)  (Read 6291 times)

KICKERMAN

ice kicker 1  (auger adapter)
« on: Mar 11, 2003, 02:33 PM »
Portable drill adaptor that fits all strike master brand augers.  Works best on lazer augers up to six inches wide, using an 18 volt drill.  Can drill up to 20 holes at a depth of 12 inches of ice!  No fouled plugs, and no tired arms!!!  Just pull the trigger and let the drill do the work.  For more info, give a message to kickerman! :

big_fish

Re: ice kicker 1  (auger adapter)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2003, 07:10 AM »
Made one and it really works. It would be nice to have an extra handle on the drill. My question is, how long will the drill hold up? The 6'' dia auger puts a lot of torque on the drill. At about $200.00 for a good drill, I question the economics.

Offline zaraspooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on top rocks
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2003, 07:24 AM »
Definately a good concern because I was thinking the same thing.  $300 for a new gas auger or $200 for a new drill every season?????

KICKERMAN

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2003, 08:34 AM »
I've been using this adapter for a year now on the same 18volt ryobi drill I've had for 6 years. Using a lazer with a very sharp blade shouldn't hurt your drill unless you force it to drill. Actually ice cuts pretty easy with not very much force. I use the same two batteries I got with my drill and I drill until the drill stops in the hole then I change batteries. I think if you keep the batteries from getting cold and use no more than a 6 inch auger(5 works very well) and be careful not to sway while drilling you should not hurt the drill at all. I've drilled at least 80 holes this year just showing people (and letting them use it also)and have had no problems.All I can say is don"t over power the drill with downward pressure and try a 5 inch auger to create less torque.  KICKERMAN

KICKERMAN

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2003, 08:48 AM »
i'VE RETURNED, I just wanted to say that you can get an 18 volt ryobi at Home Depot for 99.00 which includes 2 batteries.I'm a contractor and use my tools harder than most and have had no problems,one battery actually is taped up because of a fall at a job site and I still have no problems with it. Also at Home Depot you can buy a ryobi kit that contains;1 18 volt drill , 1 5inch circular saw, 1 reciprocating saw , 1light, 2 batteries,  and a vacuum cleaner, all portable.for 200.00. not bad! I also bought a cheap 24 volt chinese drill and it works great ,it cost me 45.00. Good Luck  KICKERMAN

Offline g3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • life is good!
Re:ice kicker 1  (auger adapter)
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2003, 04:13 PM »
Portable drill adaptor that fits all strike master brand augers.  Works best on lazer augers up to six inches wide, using an 18 volt drill.  Can drill up to 20 holes at a depth of 12 inches of ice!  No fouled plugs, and no tired arms!!!  Just pull the trigger and let the drill do the work.  For more info, give a message to kickerman! :

Offline g3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • life is good!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2003, 03:19 AM »
 ;Dkickerman,where can i get one of these adaptors for my drill? thanks g3  a.k.a. john
thanks

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2003, 03:09 PM »
20 holes, up to 12 inches of ice?  So that will take me through about 1/2 hour of ice fishing, and through about the end of December here in Northern Wisconsin...  

Offline g3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • life is good!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2003, 04:40 AM »
 :oany ideas on where i can look for an adaptor for my hand auger to use a power drill?

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2003, 07:05 AM »
hey richstick, I agree. i will stick with the method I have been using all along. I suppose some people only drill a few holes so maybe that idea would be fine but not here in Wisconsin.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2003, 08:54 AM »
Yeah, I'm not slamming it - sorry if it came off that way!!  Sounds like a nice light portable way to go if it fits your style of fishing, and your area  ;D  

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2003, 01:31 PM »
 i'm not slammin it either. it just would not work for me.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.