Author Topic: Humminbird Ice-45 Flasher  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Fishin_Legacy

• IceShanty Rookie
Humminbird Ice-45 Flasher
« on: Nov 09, 2012, 02:13 PM »
I think am going to buy on of these, just looking for some reviews from people who have used them.  Thanks.

Offline getn jiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Humminbird Ice-45 Flasher
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Bought one last ice season, works great, nice big visible screen. I especially like the digital display for hole hopping, takes very little time to
check depth, zoom works well. Fell into the water when we went through near a muskrat house, just a couple feet of water, turned it on and
worked fine since. I went with the 45 as I found the xtra colors on the 55 confusing plus I'm cheap! ;D
45/70 Govt./ The only Govt. to be trusted.

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2012, 02:31 PM »
I actually got the 35 from the GF for Christmas last year and absolutely love it!

Offline NFD234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2012, 03:01 PM »
I too bought the 45, can't justify an extra $150 for more colors, other then that the units are the same.  I had a power issue with the unit right out of the box, called Humminbird & they overnighted a new unit. Five star service.

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2012, 03:36 PM »
They're not bad units, the display is really nice. I think the only negatives I've seen is the 19* beam struggles a bit picking up really small jigs, you have to turn the sensitivity way up and it flickers in and out. The 9* has no such trouble and works great, just something to consider.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2012, 04:40 PM »
BIRDS ARE THE BEST! in my opinion at least! ;D

Offline fish n fowl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Left mine on the tailgate and started down the road. It fell off going around 30 mph and broke the handle, battery cable, and broke two knobs off. Told customer service what happened and sent it in (they said this probably wouldn't be covered by warranty haha), two weeks later I recieved the unit back perfectly fixed and a bill of $0.00. Never had a better experience with customer service. You won't be dissappointed.
Ice, Ice, Baby

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2012, 06:27 PM »
I got a 35 and it was awesome last year so I see a deal on the 45 and grabbed it up. Glad to see 45 has a good review!

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2012, 06:40 PM »
My fishing partner has a ice 45 i have lx3 they both work the same and that means good. The  ice 45 has bigger display and digital depth readout that is awesome but its so loud i hear it flickering still to this day. I cannot hear my marcum at all and to me that makes me happier with the lx3 over the 45

Offline The Busdriver

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:58 PM »
I have the 55 and love it, as far as the price goes its only 100 more to upgrade to the 55 from the 45.  The case will cost you 50 which IMO you will want to protect your investment.  So after you spend another 50 for the case to protect your 45 you might as well spend the additional 50 to upgrade, you get more than extra colors, it comes with more power too.  Just my 2 cents, either way you will be happy.

Offline ice_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PROUD MEMBER OF THE F.O.E.O.A.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2012, 08:16 PM »
i too bought a 45 last winter and cant say a bad thing about it.    quadrupled my catch rate compared to what i was using before ( a summer ff converted over to use for icefishing)       the one feature i really appreciate is it operates on different frequencies than vex's and marcum's so i dont have ANY interference issues at all.      about the only feature i wished they offered is a dimmer for the lights.......at night they are so bright they almost blind me.   other than that little inconvenience i LOVE my 'bird!

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2012, 08:30 PM »
i have a 3 year old 45 and it worked great for my first few trips.then i had a problem where it would only read 2ft of water.called customer service and they fixed it.put a big slice in my screen that i wasnt too thrilled about but whatever.ive also had to replace both of the connectors on the wires that go to the battery but no big deal. if it breaks on ice just strip the plastic back and out it through the hole in the battery. it is a good unit to start off and has treated me very well when it comes to numbers and what is going on.however, i will be switching to a marcum lx7 when im able.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Ive got a 35 and an fl-18 both have there advantages but bang for the buck I would take the bird

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Fishin_Legacy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Thanks for all of the info.  I ordered one last weekend and cant wait to get it.

Offline Mike47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2012, 10:24 AM »
I sold my ice 45 and got the ice 55 for the extras and a great deal. Mine always worked awsome and you will be very happy with it . ( Now for some ice).
IMG]http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q762/MikeGoe49/lx001.jpg[/IMG]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.