Author Topic: Munising Bay  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Mtuyooper

• IceShanty Rookie
Munising Bay
« on: Feb 19, 2020, 06:56 AM »
Any word on Munising Bay? Looking at going off the Anna with the kiddo for whatever bites.

Offline Teggs

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Munising Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Tons of people fishing there this year, 2-3 times as many people as years past. hotel and anna mouth parking lots are packed by 7am so get there early. Mostly because Sand point has not had safe ice yet, but it should be good to go anyday now. It was really good first ice but avearge the last 3 weekends. Been fairly slow by the anna for most fishermen but people are catching some fish, mostly whitefish and splake. I wish you and your son the best of luck, let us know how it goes.

Offline Mtuyooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2020, 12:02 PM »
Awesome, thanks!

I fished off the city dock a few years ago with single egg for whitefish, did OK. Splake/Coho seemed to be just minnow smash. Coho would be ideal, but I know how that goes.

Offline Mtuyooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2020, 12:09 PM »
Fished off the Anna this morning. No luck. Marked quite a few whitefish but couldn't get a bite. The only luck anyone seemed to have was undersize splake. Might try sand point next.

Offline Mtuyooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2020, 12:10 PM »
I fished off Sand Point on Sunday. Marked whitefish periodically through the day and the smelt started coming through about an hour before dark. No bites, and from talking to others it was slow for them too. Ice is going to go bad quickly, supposed to be warm all week.

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2020, 03:22 PM »
Could someone please tell me if there's fishable water for burbot within walking distance off the Anna, for an older couple 70ish ? Any info is very appreciated. Feel free to private message. Thanks
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline Mtuyooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Yes. Get to 40 ish FOW, just off the shelf and hammer bottom with a rattling lure of some sort and a minnow. Once the sun goes down you can get them. I normally just stick around long enough to get my fish so I'm not sure how long the bite lasts.

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2020, 11:18 AM »
Thanks MTYooper I appreciate your info !
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.