The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dunmore Ice?  (Read 1308 times)

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dunmore Ice?
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:19 AM »
How's the ice looking on the north end of Dunmore? Might camp out and stay there opening weekend. Thanks!

Offline schmidtxc

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Dunmore Ice?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:03 AM »
It didn't look that good last week, but it doesn't open north of the island until the 19th, and I don't think it's supposed to get above 25 degrees again before that. Should be good to go at that point.

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:26 AM »
Yesterday as I drove by it looked like the north end was finally completely frozen. It had a thin middle section that was open earlier in the week, the edges still held up after that warm spell. It is going to be below freezing all week, but we do have some snow on it now, around 5".

I saw I shanty going up the road yesterday.

Offline LittleFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:06 PM »
Can you use a 4 wheeler from the beach access?
Load it, Drive it, Park it
Bait it, Jig it, Hook it
Catch it, Clean it, Cook it
Simply put just get out/ and do it

Offline schmidtxc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:21 PM »
Can you use a 4 wheeler from the beach access?
I probably wouldn't, but someone inevitably will. Seems like one goes in by sucker brook opening weekend almost every year.

Offline LittleFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:25 PM »
Do you know if it is legal? technically it is not a launch so I am wondering. As for the safeness. I'd hug the far shoreline across from Sucker Brook like a veteran ice angler  ;D.
Load it, Drive it, Park it
Bait it, Jig it, Hook it
Catch it, Clean it, Cook it
Simply put just get out/ and do it

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Im pretty sure the only legal launch for a 4 wheeler is at waterhouses but someone may know otherwise. There is a launch on the southern end but there is no parking there. Id be cautious on a 4 wheeler. The north end didnt lock up until recently

Offline schmidtxc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Im pretty sure the only legal launch for a 4 wheeler is at waterhouses but someone may know otherwise. There is a launch on the southern end but there is no parking there. Id be cautious on a 4 wheeler. The north end didnt lock up until recently
People launch them from the state park all the time. I've never heard of anyone being told not to.

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:52 AM »
Dunmore looking better? Was planning on camping over but not going to anymore with the storm. I imagine it gets pretty slammed opening day, similar to Caspian or Elligo?

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Dunmore looking better? Was planning on camping over but not going to anymore with the storm. I imagine it gets pretty slammed opening day, similar to Caspian or Elligo?

I only saw a couple of shanties out there, one off the Utowana point and one closer to the brook. No shanties in the access. It's supposed to be bitter tomorrow...I heard wind chill in the negative numbers.

Kampersville is stocked with bait though.

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:49 PM »
If your on your way by get bait at rack and reel. Kampersville bait is terribly over  priced and poor quality in my opinion

Offline schmidtxc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:50 PM »
If your on your way by get bait at rack and reel. Kampersville bait is terribly over  priced and poor quality in my opinion
Don't have anything bad to say about Kampersville, but Rack N Reel is definitely the best bait shop in VT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.